Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Big road tubulars – do they exist?
  • Garry_Lager

Looking for a pair of 32c tubulars, and options seems limited. CRC do the Schwalbe S-one at 30c – is there anything else out there?

Hoping to find something to go on a cyclocross rim which is 19mm internal width – I’d be fine with a 28 tub but I think they’d be too narrow at the base.

ransos
    Free Member

Sounds like you’re talking about tubeless, not tubs?

I have no specific advice except to say my Schwalbe Pro-Ones in 25c fit fine on a 19mm (internal width) rim. They actually come up nearer to 28c though.

Garry_Lager

Thks ransos, but it’s tubs I’m after.
    Was your pro-one tubeless? It’s quite possible a 28 tub might work, I’m just thinking of the last one I had, think it was a conti sprinter, and it seemed fairly narrow.

mugsys_m8

Try a cyclo cross supplier: It’s definite that cyclo-cross tubulars exist at least upto the UCI limit of 32mm. There’s lots.

otsdr
    Free Member

Challenge Dune, 33mm.

ransos
    Free Member

Thks ransos, but it’s tubs I’m after.

Ah – I didn’t realise tubular S-Ones existed!

Was your pro-one tubeless? It’s quite possible a 28 tub might work, I’m just thinking of the last one I had, think it was a conti sprinter, and it seemed fairly narrow.

Yep. They’re noticeably wider than Conti clinchers (GP 4 season) for supposedly the same 25c. Michelin clinchers also come up wide.

ElShalimo

Spesh Espoir Sport are available up to 30mm width
    Some of their Armadillo tyres have 32mm options

Garry_Lager

mugsys_m8 – Member

Try a cyclo cross supplier: It’s definite that cyclo-cross tubulars exist at least upto the UCI limit of 32mm. There’s lots.

otsdr – Member

Challenge Dune, 33mm.
    Thks lads, seeing a few options on the challenge website. The strada bianca and the paris-roubaix will also fit the bill.
    Liking the use description – Rough Road, Cobbles, Big Riders 🙂

mugsys_m8

Compass might do something interesting but not sure if they do tubs.

nach
    Free Member

Maybe these Tufos? Slickest looking CX one they do.

http://www.tufo.com/en/cyclo-cross/detail/dry-plus/

thomthumb
    Free Member

look in a paris-roubaix tech article. Pros will (mostly) be on tubs. 30-32mm been creeping in the last couple of years at least.

Garry_Lager

nach – Member

Maybe these Tufos? Slickest looking CX one they do.

http://www.tufo.com/en/cyclo-cross/detail/dry-plus/ Thks – Food for thought as they’re on at a great price at the moment at CRC – 26 quid. 2/3 times cheaper than the challenge stuff.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Big road tubulars – do they exist?’ is closed to new replies.