Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Big Offroad Loop around Huddersfield?
  • slowboydickie

I am looking to do 30 miles from Mirfield this weekend. I have been on the OS map but can’t see sufficient bridleways to build up a big loop.

I was hoping to skirt around south of Holmfirth in the hills and end up in Marsden then back to Huddersfield along the canal then on to Mirfield.

Has anyone got any suggestions or even a gpx to follow? Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Cheers
    Rich

teamslug
    Free Member

If you can find it the CVMBC ( colne valley mountain bike challenge) route is a tough old ride. Not very technical and i’m not sure what access is like to some parts but that goes up to marsden/ holmfirth area.

alibongo001

If you use Strava / I map my ride you may be able to find routes that fit the bill by searching around the places you want to ride.

There are some great routes from Holmfirth up towards the reservoirs for example.

Depending on the program you use, some of them allow GPX download (you can then go to raceshape for a quick transfer into a course file!)

Hope this helps!

Al.

sandwicheater

Pop into Sowerby’s and Colin will point you in the right direction.

I just so happen to live in Mirfield, if you ever fancy a riding buddy i’d be game. Email in profile

TPTcruiser

Similar to CVMBC, the Holme Valley Mountain Bike Marathon provides a route of sorts.
    Kirklees had leaflet a while ago for a big loop related to the Mirfield area that took you up to Emley Moor that could intersect with the new TPT stuff in Kirkburton and onwards to Dunford Bridge, then over to Holme, Digley, Meltham then Marsden. The canal back would be a relief.

slowboydickie

Thanks fellas. They’re a bit far west to ride from Mirfield in allotted time but I’ve pieced something together. Sandicheater I’ll give you shout when up next.

sam3000

Head to Holmfirth, around said reservoirs and around Langsett res/ up/ down cut gate. This can be extended to excess of 50 miles.

Come back over the snow track towards holmfirth (the loop is in the dark peak route book).

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

CVMBC has loads of road work in it though, not really an off road route

mbr30
    Free Member

There’s quite a bit and strava will help. From Huddersfield you could go to Netherton and Honley woods, meltham then wessenden, drop over to marsden or holmfirth via digley reservoir.

number18
    Free Member

CVMBC uses some private land not otherwise open to the public.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Big Offroad Loop around Huddersfield?’ is closed to new replies.