Big off yesterday- which new road helmet.

Home Forum Bike Forum Big off yesterday- which new road helmet.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Big off yesterday- which new road helmet.
  • Giro crash replacement still going?

Premier Icon iainc
    Subscriber

If your head is Giro shaped, the 2017 MIPS Synthe is very comfy. It is a shade smaller size wise than the equivalent non MIPS size labelled one.

prawny

Giro crash replacement relies on you having to pay RRP on the one you want, when I killed my last one it was significantly cheaper to buy another online.

Go with what fits with helmets, I tend to not spend too much these days, because I can’t afford to replace a dropped expensive one. I’ve got a Giro Foray MIPS at the moment, but it looks weird and is hot.

Fancy a Met Rivale next, had a Sine Thesis before and that was well comfy. (for me)

aP

My current road helmet thing is a poc Octal. I find it light enough, ventilated enough, comfy enough, and apparently its safe enough too.

Premier Icon krixmeister
    Subscriber

Mavic has some nice ones on sale on usual sites. I recently picked up a Cosmic Ultimate for something like a third of original retail.

Does anyone know if Catlike are still around, btw? I like my Whisper (also bought on sale) despite its funny vents.

TiRed

Having written off a Giro Atmos and two Giro Air Attacks in the past two years (all with loss of consciousness, but no other immediate or lasting head injury), I now ride a Synthe for racing and another Atmos for general riding. If your head is Giro-shaped, and it’s done it’s job, replace with the same. The Synthe is very nice and has the same fitting as the Air Attack, just a little less “mushroom”. Very pleased with all aspects except price. Not bothered with MIPS.

Fit is the single most important property.

legend

krixmeister – Member

Mavic has some nice ones on sale on usual sites

Get the aero one 🙂

stevious

I’m moving away from my Synthe soon as I’m not quite Giro-shaped. However, it’s been the best-ventilated helmet I’ve used and is noticably less noisy than other helmets I’ve had in the wind.

jkomo

Synthe it is then!

atlaz

Go for whatever you broke. I smashed a helmet in a crash and immediately replaced it with exactly the same model (minus the huge cracks in the back). I’d liked the first one and as it performed heroically in the crash, I thought it was worth buying again.

jkomo

Managed to go OTB at speed yesterday- totally my fault. Helmet cracked, top ruined, shoulder blade busted and needs pinning.
    Anyway, may as well spend my time buying a new helmet. Was thinking Giro synthe, since it was a Giro helmet that prevented a big head injury- (bruise on head goes half way round skull), CT scan shows all is fine.
    Synthe worth going 2017 and MIPS, or are the older models the same?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.