Viewing 26 posts - 81 through 106 (of 106 total)
  • Big it up in a Friday styleeeeee. Or something. Here’s the A&A!
  • DezB
    Free Member

Good job there Mark. I’m so glad I missed that pic!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Back on track, folks!

Denise….

Our very own Queen Victoria….

And a little bit of Niki Gudex for good measure;

miketually
    Free Member

The preview function will be back.

The preview button would not make any difference and any photo on this thread could be replaced by any other photo at any time.

emarketingmag.com, dailymail.co.uk or scottusa.com could replace the three images CFH has posted with any other image they liked. They would look fine for CFH, and probably anyone else who sees those originals, but new viewers could see anything.

GrahamS

Apology accepted here in my corner (thank god!!!) of the office.
    here’s hoping for the preview button!

A Preview button would NOT have helped as he would still have seen the image that was in his cache, not the one that everyone else would see.

Edit: Bah miketually beat me to it

I_Ache
    Free Member

I am beginning to find the whole thing a little amusing. Problem is I keep having the image of a freshly waxed and baby oiled ass flash up in my head!!!

miketually
    Free Member

Edit: Bah miketually beat me to it

pwned 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

freshly waxed and baby oiled ass flash up in my head!!!
    Oi! Thats enough of that!

bigsi
    Free Member

I’ll never be able to use the phrase “bang the back doors in” again without ‘that’ image appearing in my mind 🙄 😯 😐

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I think I might refrain from trying to post pictures of pretty sporty ladies, in light of what happened. 😯

Can I just say, that I completely agree with, and respect the decisions taken by the moderators of this site. I’m glad that immediate action was taken, to limit the ‘damage’ caused.

I must be the only person not to see the offending image. For which I suppose I’m grateful.

I still have no idea as to how it happened. I suppose it’s only other people who viewed the thread could actually see it, anyway, and that I, as the poster, would never see it.

I’m using a Mac, with Safari. Would this make any difference? Naturally, had I seen the offending image appear on the thread, in place of the one I intended, I would have removed the link straight away. I thought Brant’s first comment was a joke, tbh; relating to the scary Hellraiser image!

I’d be grateful if someone could advise me on how to check images in future. As already mentioned; Preview would not have worked, in this case.

(Goes off to look at pictures of plain ladies, in baggy clothing, just to be on the safe side)

Sonor
    Free Member

Kathrin Hitzer

Yes, she is German and unfortunately handy with a rifle.

DezB
    Free Member

Awesome!

DezB
    Free Member

Reminded me of a British skiier who should be in this thread

miketually
    Free Member

I’d be grateful if someone could advise me on how to check images in future.

You can’t. If you post a picture which is on someone else’s server, they can replace it with whatever they like.

The only way to be sure is to only post images where you have control of the hosting. For example, on flickr or your own webspace.

Then, you just have to worry about being sued for copyright violations.

DezB
    Free Member

I’d be grateful if someone could advise me on how to check images in future

Maybe if you’d kept it on-topic ?

FoxyChick
    Free Member

*Fred-padded-shoxrock-bra in upsetting everyone shocker*

Kit
    Free Member

No worries about copyright here:

Fort William

atlaz
    Free Member

Chances are they check the cookies so that if you’ve been on their site you get the right stuff and if not you get whatever nasty pictures they have lying around. So rudeboy would never see it unless he cleared out his cookies and tried again.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Think I’ll set up my own STW image server so I know mine will always be what I expect lol.

BitterBaldingFatty
    Free Member

DezB: your bird looks like she’s got fankles

GrahamS

Chances are they check the cookies so that if you’ve been on their site you get the right stuff and if not you get whatever nasty pictures they have lying around. So rudeboy would never see it unless he cleared out his cookies and tried again.

Nope.

They check the Referer field in the request from the browser. If it is their own site they serve up the normal image, if it is a different site that is hotlinking to their image then they can serve up a warning image (or something less palatable!)

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inline_linking#Prevention_on_the_server_side

RudeBoy wouldn’t see it because by that point he already has the “normal” picture in his browser cache.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

No! No, it wasn’t Poltergeist, or Hellraiser- it was Psycho 2!! Where Norman turns round to that woman, and says ‘it’s starting again’, when he knows the madness is returning.

That’s been bugging me ALL day!

I’m now too scared to post a pic, in case it happens again.

What a nasty thing to do, though.

IHN

Anyway, back to that footballtress. She lovely.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I think the biathlete is gorgeous. Beautiful eyes.

something about fit women in lycra…..

crispybacon
    Free Member

Unknown but nevertheless very well liked triple jumper :o)

Hairychested
    Free Member

LOL!

iDrew
    Free Member

crispy bacon, that reminds me, I haven’t watched Total Recall in a while 😆

Viewing 26 posts - 81 through 106 (of 106 total)

The topic ‘Big it up in a Friday styleeeeee. Or something. Here’s the A&A!’ is closed to new replies.