• This topic has 20 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by alpin.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Big hitting do it all bike
  • astura
    Free Member

I thought id picked my next bike but my budget is proving difficult to get exactly what i want. I dont want to spend over 2.5k on a new bike so looking at offers,, my dream bike would be an Alpine 6 but i cant get one for that price in XL. So im exploring options, iv considered less travel but i think im going to have to keep it quite high in the 160mm area.
    I want to use 0% finance to fund whatever i go for so can anyone recommend a nimble big hitting bike which can do everything, great down and great up and can do some big rides

RobHilton
    Free Member

Evil Imperial

/thread

cyclelife
    Free Member

Nukeproof Mega 275
    Slack HA
    Relatively steep seat tube for decent climbing.
    Try Global bikes near Chester for a great deal

chiefgrooveguru

What’s your current bike?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Commencal Meta AM 4.2? Some deals left in XL

I got the very base spec, swapped out brakes/bar/stem and added a dropper to a 2k bike and it’s nice

anagallis_arvensis

Airdrop edit

trusty

I’d second the mega, I’ve got the 29 version which is great. There seems to be deals on them at the moment, guessing a new version is on the way

kayak23

Cotic Rocket.
    Fantastic in every way and available on Finance direct in many different builds.

colournoise

Was just about to post to say Rocket…

marksnook
    Free Member

Where do you live? Can you test a load?
    Airdrop looks good I reckon. A mate has a mega and it does ride nice.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Airdrop is certainly worth a look. I really rate them and Ed is a top bloke.

Rorschach
    Free Member

a nimble big hitting bike which can do everything, great down and great up and can do some big rides

I believe you are looking for an Albino Unicorn……not sure you can get 0% finance though.

gaviscon
    Free Member

Canyon Strive AL
    YT Capra AL

You can get some pretty good builds in both of those for sub 2.5k. No finance, but you could use a 0% offer on a credit card

oikeith

I love my 2017 spesh enduro as a do it all bike, 29 wheels, 160 front, 165 rear.

With the 2018s just being launched in the next few weeks or months the 2017s will come down in price and Evans sell these via their website and offer finance.

DezB
    Free Member

I believe you are looking for an Albino Unicorn.

don’t see many of those on the trails

iian
    Free Member

Nukeproof mega. Paypal finance through CRC.

Job jobbed.

marksnook
    Free Member

Trying to break the mould and not suggest what I ride ha ha

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

Whyte G160 S?

marksnook
    Free Member

That cube bike with loads of travel? A mate has one and seems to pedal up quick and blast the downs

jakehinton
    Free Member

I’ve just built up an Airdrop Edit Coil with Lyriks. Its a beast and just great fun to ride. Couldn’t recommend more!

alpin
    Free Member

Was going to say Strive… Keep an eye on the Outlet.

I picked up a top spec Strive for 3.4K€…. “saved” nigh on 2k.

Just looked and the AL bikes currently reduced by 500€…. Could be more in £s.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Big hitting do it all bike’ is closed to new replies.