Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Big handlebars.what do you guys use ?.
  • bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Thinking of changing my current 685mm bars for something bigger(740mm +) Also what rise.Will be running them on a nomad btw.Can afford anything up to £65.
    Cheers all.

xiphon
    Free Member

710s, 40mm rise. FSA branded…. they’re quite comfy for me.

ken_shields
    Free Member

Spank 777’s

Low rise on the 5 Spot

High rise on the 456

matthew_h
    Free Member

I have a virtually brand new pair of Easton Havoc bars (750mm wide, low rise) available for sale. I’ve just replaced them with the carbon version. £40 and they’re yours

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Nukeproofs. Low rise on a 140mm forked Blur 4X with a zero rise stem. Absolutely spot on.

The 710mm Gravitys on my 456 feel weedy in comparison… Pair of Nukeproofs are off on that too ASAP.

messiah
    Free Member

Sunline V1 – but thats because it’s what my “pusher” was getting good deals on at the time. I’ve always liked Answer bars.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Nukeproof Warheads…

Awesome bit of kit..

760mm of lovely low rise steering..

Same on my Heckler too…

steveh

Sunline v1’s for me, lovely shape to them and nice and low.

ooOOoo
    Free Member

I run these raceface atlas ones, they are really stiff and the colour just worked a treat. Cut down slightly though, as I was almost punching myself in the nuts on tight switchbacks.

ton

blackspire 808mm.
    wiiiiiiiiiiiiiidddddddddeeeeeeeeeeee 8)

MRanger156
    Free Member

Sunline V1 in Ti-Gold! Used to have easton ea70’s 685mm but love the V1 in comparison. I was tempted by the RS ones above though.

dale
    Free Member

teetosugars
    what stem length/rise you running to clear the lefty topcap ?
    and can you reset the bearings without droping the fork ?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

dale – Member
    teetosugars
    what stem length/rise you running to clear the lefty topcap ?

70mm Thomson X4 0′ rise..

can you reset the bearings without droping the fork ?

Not tried it yet…

Lifer
    Free Member

Got my eye on some Renthals, designed and made in the UK *FIST*

Reviewed here:

SDH

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Easton Havoc 750mm. Best bar by far. Would only consider replacing mine with the carbon version. Sweep and rise is just perfect IMHO.

10 years of using Easton bars and ive not broke one yet.

Light, Strong and pretty good price.

Lifer
    Free Member

Wow you’ve tried every handlebar?

chakaping
    Free Member

Very happy with the Sunline V1 low-rise 745mm bar on my Froggy.

If you don’t mind a 50mm rise bar, I have a Spank 777 you can have for £25 posted.

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

No but ive tried a lot. And personally I like the shape, sweep and rise and the general feel of them.

Maybe if I was a pro / world cup DH’er i’d be able to give you the minute detail of the variation of comparable bars but I can’t. Just as far as Im concerned they are strong, light and relatively competitively priced.

I trust Easton ally with my life, im yet to break an Easton product, and thats a half dozen stems, maybe a dozen bars, three easton tubed full sus frames, 2 easton tubed hardtails, seat posts and Easton pedals over the last decade.

If I can i’ll buy easton wherever possible. There is a reason they have a good reputation.

Personally if I was the OP and didn’t already own a set or needed another i’d buy the £40 ones offered above…

legend
    Free Member

Funn Fatboys and Full-ons are great bars (i run fatboys), especially when you take price onto account. Tbh though, there are LOADS of wide bars around now that will all do a grand job

Lifer
    Free Member

Sorry hippy thought the 😉 was obvious! Use Easton myself at the moment and have used their bars and stems on various bikes, the renthals look nicer (imo) and are british so I fancy a try on my new build (DH/4x/Jumpy hardtail)

akira

Race Face Atlas FR, just a nice shape to them and pretty low rise.
    Also they come in some lovely colours, about to get a second set for the hardtail.

messiah
    Free Member

Noticeable flex from the Funn Full-on I have on one bike (25.4 stem clamp). The Sunline V1 I have on the other bike feel much better (same width but lower rise and bigger clamp dia).

momo

Sunline V1 737mm wide 19mm rise on my Blur, don’t think I’d want to go much wider, but wouldn’t go narrower either.

PJM1974
    Free Member

I’m currently using a Nukeproof Warhead bar on my Wolf Ridge and a Funn Fatboy on my ’04 Enduro. Both bars are in lo-rise flavours as I like to keep the front end of my bikes sensibly planted.

Both bars are excellent, the Nukeproof feels incredibly robust and although slightly narrower (at 710mm!) the Funn bars are a ever so slightly more comfortable for longer rides, but then that suits the different purposes of both bikes.

For the Nomad I’d recommend the Nukeproofs, they’re cheap enough to be disposable, as light as anything this side of £100 at a claimed 282g and if you find the 760mm width unwieldy in the woods you can trim them down to suit.

I_Ache
    Free Member

750mm Burgtecs as seen here…

DSC_0355 by i_ache, on Flickr

and here on my old bike…

chiefP
    Free Member

Renthal FatBar which are right on the money at £59.99. They look great on any Bike and the colour used matches the sanctions pretty well. Due mine very soon along with the Stem and Chainring.

Have a read of the review on southerndownhill.

http://www.renthalcycling.com/File/products.aspx

godzilla
    Free Member

Sunline V1’s there are awesome value £29.99 posted from evans.

Angry-pirate
    Free Member

got some fatbars on patriot, they just feel right, simple as, not amazingly long at 720 but still it feels like you have more controld for some reason

cannondaleking
    Free Member

i use 580mm bars as your wife will tell you its not the lenght that counts but the girth and mines 31.8mm yeah 😉 😆 😆

stevede
    Free Member

Sunline v1 745 19mm rise on one bike and easton havocs on the other, both quite similar in shape with regards to having a touch of backsweep and feel spot on for me.
    There are so many good bars to choose from now, stick with one of the tried and trusted (easton,renthal,sunline etc) and you’ll be fine.

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

i just bought some sunline 745`s looking sweet on my alpine ;p

geordiemick00
    Free Member

I’ve got NukeProof Warheads with the 40mm rise, great bars.

I also have a pair of Raceface Atlas bars which are 780mm wide but didn’t have enough rise for me, they’re for sale too if anyone’s interested PM me

yunki
    Free Member

I use the lower half of my dear old nans skeleton.. bound together with leather to form an 110cm straight flat bar..

The finished bar has a little suppleness which can be quite a comfort on long technical descents and I’ve craftily mounted her pelvis centrally above the stem for mounting my lights and stuff..

the over-all effect is quite stunning and a little erotic..

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Thanks for all the advice.A pair of nukeproof warheads 760mm have been ordered.

mildred

Geordiemick I may be interested in your bars – can you email me some details? You don’t have an email address in your profile

Cheers

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Yunki I may be interested in your bars – can you email me some details?

neninja
    Free Member

Sunline V1’s there are awesome value £29.99 posted from evans.

Thanks for the heads up on this – just ordered a set.

neninja
    Free Member

My V1’s have just arrived – lovely. Great service from Evans – ordered yesterday with free postage and they arrived today.

Can’t wait to get them fitted and try them out

_tom_
    Free Member

Funn Fatboy Slim, 710mm wide, 50mm rise, feels about right 🙂

cookeaa

On My 4” Forked HT Hack bike I have a set of 710 wide, 2” rise 25.4mm Clamping Azonic thingies, I think they have 5 up/8 back sweep angles from memory, quite good when going down, riding single-track, etc bit high rise for climbing but the bikes not really intended for doing that very often…

For my SS build I got a set of very cheap Kona OEM jobbies off of Fleabay: 710mm Wide again, “Flat” but with 12 degrees sweep (Yep 12!), 31.8mm clamping, still need to properly use them for a long ride but initially pootling with them they seem quite nice, the extra sweep seems to suit the extra width/lower bar position quite nicely, obviously the Logo makes them a Faux pas extraordinaire for most people, but then they are fitted to a Kona so who cares…

680mm low rise EA50s on my “XC” bike seem relatively narrow now, but are still a pretty good width for general riding with a slightly longer stem…

I wouldn’t go above 710mm wide for myself given my build (5’10” with reasonably broad shoulders), Wide bars for the just sake of it won’t work, the bars need to suit the rider, not the other way round.

Buy a set of 750/760s but be honest with yourself, if they’re too wide don’t be too shy with the hacksaw…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Big handlebars.what do you guys use ?.’ is closed to new replies.