Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Big Crash – Damaged RS Sektor Fork
  • SBrock
    Free Member

Had a big crash on Cutgate path yesterday, I’m ok but a few facial cuts & grazes and sore ribs!
    My bike is pretty based up though! I have managed to buckle the lowers on my Sektor fork every so slightly, also the stanchions are very very slightly out of line but this maybe the lowers causing this?
    Anybody got any ideas if they can be repaired? Or will they be written off? Took them to LBS last night they are sending them back to sram to see what they say!
    Totally gutted as forks only a few months old!

wwaswas

I suspect you’re more likely to have bent just the stanchions than the casting of the lowers which would crack rather than bend.

economics are likely to mean they’re a write off if any of the internals are broken along with the uppers 🙁

SBrock
    Free Member

Yep that makes sense, the internals appear to be ok so fingers crossed! How would they repair them? Put new stanchions in to the crown? Or replace the whole crown/steerer assembly?

flyingmonkeycorps

Bugger 🙁

If it’s any consolation last time I crashed on Cut Gate I broke my finger. On THE most inconspicuous bit of trail too, I’ve no idea how I did it.

wwaswas

they’d have to repair the whole crown/steerer/stanchion assembly 🙁

bigyinn
    Free Member

replace surely?

wwaswas

yes, sorry replace. thought replace typed repair. D’oh. 😳

trail_rat
    Free Member

depends how they are bent ….

does one leg look further forward than the other or the wheel sitting off to one side in the lowers ?

my sids only original part is the CSU and stantions … the lowers twisted and the internals snapped .. got me some team lowers and WC internals 😀 – benifits of working in a shop where fishers had ammends to make !

SBrock
    Free Member

Yep one of the stanchions is very slightly forward of the other if the intervals are ok then I guess its a new crown/steerer assembly?

hora
    Free Member

Personally (I’ll get slated by that idiot elfin again as in the cracked Blur shock mount thread) but if it was me I’d rather ask if they could offer a crash replacement/policy for a good customer etc/or as a gesture of good will.

I’d rather do that personally. I’ve always said – I’d rather cause £1,000 of damage to my bike than break my arm.

Peace.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Big Crash – Damaged RS Sektor Fork’ is closed to new replies.