Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Big Chris grumpiness in the magazine
  • martinhutch

‘I will fine you £150’

I suspect there might be a smidgen of authority overreach in this statement…

Not a very flattering picture of the ‘Big Chris’ inspectors, overall. I hope Jason is completing his own report back to BC HQ.

Garry_Lager

It was a great event in RAF conditions, so thks again to JM and his team for putting it on with all of the attendant aggravation.

I’ve seen people stopped with gopros by the marshalls in the midweek MTB races and told to take them off, so I guess the no filming rule is there and it’s a simple one. But races are filmed by spectators / organisers all the time and used to promote events – e.g. drones at cyclocross races, so I don’t quite appreciate the distinction there.

Harry_the_Spider

IIRC Big Chris enforced the no filming rule at the HTN juniors race back in the day, which is fair enough, but didn’t mind with the seniors. I guess they have changed.

tthew

Not sure the picture used as the header to that article is actual race footage?! I see no swamps, biblical floods or horizontal rain.

chakaping
    Free Member

Has Chris been invited by ST mag to respond? Just a suggestion.

matt_outandabout

Yeah, the whole filming thing just seems rather odd. So many folk art the side with cameras out, so much helmet cam from Enduro (Cathro!) etc , yet it’s pulled up in this race, under spurious GDPR and Data Protection.

The whole attitude of Big Chris and others just winds me up – it’s not a grass roses roots organisation, its a big pyramid scheme to keep elite athletes supported but some folk wanting to keep jobs…

Harry_the_Spider

I remeber when Big Chris nearly choked on his whistle because we wanted to organise a race on a Saturday rather than a Sunday.

Chris – You can’t do that! We race on Sunday.
    Us – Ah, but we want to have a massive party and get pissed up afterwards.

IvanMTB
    Free Member

… and that’s why I only attend unsanctioned events like SSUK.

You do whatever you want, whatever day you want and you are guaranteed massive hangover on Sunday followed by Hangover Tootle 😀

Cheers!
    I.

mick_r

I remember FOD SSEC had BC insurance and commisaire – I think her son had “educated” her on what might go on 🙂
    Seem to remember she turned a blind eye to the beer station…..

The majority of them are nice people who like bikes and biking, but in everything you get a few oddballs. The gopro rule has been around for a few years and does get politely enforced in all kinds of races (not sure what the reasoning behind it is – probably some stupid trickle down from pro road racing).

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Big Chris grumpiness in the magazine’ is closed to new replies.