Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Big Cats
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I once saw an absolutely massive pu[Er, no. Thanks.]

theblackmount
    Free Member

I remember reading Bob Sharps story at the time – his credentials are fairly unimpeachable.

Two of us were up Meikle Bin for a night ride a few months ago and decided to come back off the South face. Despite the fact we know the area quite well we thought better of bushwhacking our way to the forest road once we’d descended to the treeline. So, back up and down we went by our ascent route. There are some huge tracts of impenetrable growth in that forest – a big cat would have space to hide out there undisturbed imo. Lennox would easily be within its range. Incidentally, CV had Wildcats until fairly recently.

Most unusual animal I’ve encountered (quite literally on the trail) was quite recently in fact – an adult Dolphin which had been washed up @ Blackness. Dead unfortunately…

petersnell
    Free Member

Lots of wild boar around Dumfries and Galloway, mate of a mate hunts them regularly.
    Something to think about when riding Ae or Mabie!

29erKeith
    Free Member

While out for a run in the new forest on some cheeky trails (cheeky even on foot) I turned a corner and saw a pack of wolves! 😯

Thankfully behind a bloody big fence, I’d managed to get round the back of the wildlife park, I made myself scarce. Never been back that way since, shame there are some nice trails there but very cheeky.

ocrider

There was an accident between an SUV (looks like a Qashqai) and a boar on a dual carriageway near to Montpellier two years ago. The driver was killed after the car flipped and took out 90 metres of armco.
    Link in French, bien sur

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Big Cats’ is closed to new replies.