• This topic has 15 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by zokes.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Big Brother (Corbyn content)
  • yunki
    Free Member

How does this work then?
    Are the tory apologists correct?
    Is there a labour stasi?

Dear ******
    Thank you for your recent application to become a registered supporter.
    As part of the process to sign up as a registered supporter all applicants are asked to confirm the following statement; I support the aims and values of the Labour party, and I am not a supporter of any organisation opposed to it.
    A panel of the National Executive Committee (NEC) has considered your application, and has decided to reject it on the grounds that you were involved in a discussion on social media whereby you stated you were a member of the Green Party

wrecker
    Free Member

WTF?!?!

ninfan
    Free Member

Well, were they right or were they wrong?

I presume you would be OK with someone else receiving one which said:

A panel of the National Executive Committee (NEC) has considered your application, and has decided to reject it on the grounds that you were involved in a discussion on social media whereby you stated you were a member of the Conservative Party

non?

scotroutes

They’ve not really caught on to how to increase their share of the vote then?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Indeed we dont want anyone changing their political opinions now do we

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Indeed. Who needs more votes, eh?

Junkyard
    Free Member

not him as he does not want to be PM

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

😆

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Dear ******

That sounds unnecessarily rude – there’s no need for that just because they are rejecting your application.

Mind you at least they’ve actually bothered to tell why your application to be a supporter has been rejected, which is nice.

In future be careful what you say on social media. Green Party ? You should be ashamed of yourself.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

What’s your musical taste like?

A bit of post-grunge rock, perhaps?

yunki
    Free Member

weren’t me btw

just thought you lot would find it interesting

mikewsmith
    Free Member

So what your saying is stuff you post on social media can be read by other people? Whoa there what’s the world coming to

jambalaya
    Free Member

People who change their votes election to election don’t tend to be members of parties. If you’ve taken the trouble to join the Green’s or say you are a member you should not be entitied to vote for the Leader of the Labour Party. To be homest the Labour Party have made this mess for themselves by not having thought their own rules through

yunki
    Free Member

😆

I think I must have wrongly assumed that such checks would be more easily conducted by searching membership lists of other parties

Although further investigation this morning reveals that the red tory stasi is a real and functioning entity

I can’t imagine how bored they might get searching my facebook interactions for evidence that I may have inadvertently contravened my agreement to conform to the constitution, programme, principles and policy of the Party

What a boring job that must be!!

avdave2

Dear Winston
    The Liberal Party has decided to reject your application to become a member as you formerly declared you were a member of the Conservative Party.

Dear Winston
    The Conservative Party has decided to reject your application to become a member as you formerly declared you were a member of the Liberal Party.

It’s their loss yunki, their loss 🙂

zokes
    Free Member

If you’ve taken the trouble to join the Green’s or say you are a member you should not be entitied to vote for the Leader of the Labour Party.

Even if you only joined the Greens because they were the only major party to the left of centre, and now Corbyn has arrived that’s no longer the case, you felt you’d rather support the party with more chance of actually governing? How odd…

And also:

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Big Brother (Corbyn content)’ is closed to new replies.