• This topic has 66 replies, 25 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Clink.
Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • Big Bike BAsh – Official who's coming, what events are you winning, what tyres..
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

SS races?

It is the New Forest so there aren’t mountains?

I will have my SS running fixed and you will want to swap and try it?

How can you bring too many bikes?

I will have at least three there and probably not ride any of them all weekend.

paulburt.co.uk
    Free Member

Looking forward to returning to the Big Bike Bash for our second year
    WCA – One thing I meant to comment on after last year’s excellent event, but forgot to, was that the age groupings for the kids races might benefit from a tweaking as they seem particularly unfair for 10 and 11 year olds. By this I mean that the age groupings are 7-<10 then 10-<15 and whilst I know that all kids grow at different rates, it is widely accepted that most kids grow significantly upon hitting puberty/adolescence at 13/14. Therefore the 10 and 11 year olds are likely to racing against 13/14 year olds who are significantly bigger, stronger and faster which seems a little unfair. Having three boys of my own who span all these ages I know this to be true. I would suggest 7-<10, 10-<13 and 13-<15 would be much fairer groupings.
    I appreciate the racing at BBB is all light-hearted and for fun but I’m not sure my 11 year old sees it this way. Clearly too late for anything to change for this year but thought I’d mention anyway.

Fingers crossed for good weather and counting down the days until the weekend.

redstripe
    Free Member

On the ground report – The guys have finished laying the XC course out, marquees/stage going up today, grass cutting in the field with a view tonight if the rain holds off

40mpg

I’ve ordered the toilets! Thats my contribution, not huge but you’ll all thank me for it 😀

Ah, and emptying, so you can thank me again 😉

LoCo
    Free Member

Can you stick another on the order for just me to use please?

ciderinsport
    Free Member

LoCo – Member
    Can you stick another on the order for just me to use please?

Isn’t the one in your lodge good enough 😉

It’s all very calm here just now with a few things arriving, but as you can imagine it will get busy by the end of the week! Please take time to read the links on the emails we send 🙂

Now, here’s the question. Is 28 barrels of beer enough to keep Nick going for the weekend?

40mpg

Is 28 barrels of beer enough to keep Nick going for the weekend?

You expect it to last UNTIL the weekend? 😉

LoCo
    Free Member

Isn’t the one in your lodge good enough

That involves a walk 😛

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

We will see what we can do about wiggling the age ratings on the races. Probably not official categories but I have a few prizes hidden in my box of tear stoppers that I might be able to divert.

Get your kids to gather a bunch of kids about the same size/capability and I will try to squeeze in a special category race

oxym0r0n

My 4 year olds can ride bikes and are up for a race!?

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Damn Right!

We ha d a 4 year old doing the lake jump last year.

Bring it on!?!?!?!?!

ucantbesirius
    Free Member

Looking forward to it – see you on Friday!

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Looks like the guys from BOMA (off road wheel chairs) are bringing their latest model down. I will probably do a quick test run and then it will be available for others to look at/test ride I hope.

Me test riding the model that Avon Tyrrell currently use:

Quality kit, check out the head sets

redstripe
    Free Member

Just ridden the XC course on a borrowed fat bike, great fun, well on the down hill bits it was

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

The pain you feel on the climbs is just weakness escaping…

… and you have loads of that to spare

😉

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Well the dark woods are all taped out and the signs are up.

Please take the time to read the inspirational motivational signs as well as looking out for the arrows.

I am going to be sat watching Crash Corner for the Race Whippets event. It is down hill, dipping in from bright sunshine into the trees and dappled light and suddenly a 95 degree right on soft leafy surface.

We are expecting much skidding. slipping and carnage. It is also right near the main arena so no-one will need to walk far to see the blood fest.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Ever woken up thinking that third bottle of wine was a bad idea?

One day to go to the carnage and I think it is going to be a long one.

paulburt.co.uk
    Free Member

Gutted!! 3.30pm, after travelling for an hour, on way to BBB our Land Rover engine blows up outside Southampton. Various shenanigans with recovery companies and garages and now at 11pm are back home with no hope of getting to BBB. Three very disappointed kids and an even more disappointed dad 🙁

Oh well only a year to wait.

pictonroad

I’m here. If the organisers read this, We’re the red VW camper parked up in the trees. I’ll move it in the morning, just had to try and get a 2yr old down and this was the 1st place I could find.

redstripe
    Free Member

paulburt – it’s still not too late, if you can all get a train to Hinton Admiral today we can pick you up and let you have a room in the house here. Email – bigbikebash at ukyouth dot org

Last night was a good one with excellent band, great atmosphere. All kicks off this morning.

singletrackmind

I think I would hire a van and / or a car Paul.
    Sod the expense. LR can wait till next week. A Transit Connect for the bikes and a car if you dont have a runaround. One problem is you need 2 drivers . . . .

paulburt.co.uk
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies singletrackmind and avontyrrell. The thought of the cost of a new engine (which is what Brooklyn 4×4 in Nursling said we need) rules out hiring.
    Avontyrrell, I’ve emailed you to thank you for you kind offer and ask about next year.
    You’ve both helped uplift spirits in the Burt household.

jekkyl

How’s it all going big bike bashers?

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I don’t know I’m pissed.

rOcKeTdOg

I don’t know I’m pissed.

I can’t remember my name when I’m #pissed usually but I know when I’ve had a few, good effort!

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Just got home.

I enjoyed it. Anyone else?

Just been told that all but one of the lodges have been booked and tickets are already selling fast. Great stuff and thanks to all that came.

Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘Big Bike BAsh – Official who's coming, what events are you winning, what tyres..’ is closed to new replies.