Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 124 total)
  • Big Bike Bash meeting tomorrow – What extra stuff do you want
  • Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Can I bring my stereo and play indescribably bizzare music to people at serious volumes?

Einsturzende Neubauten?

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

Can I bring my stereo and play indescribably bizzare music to people at serious volumes?

There is a bl00dy great PA system with a music festival going on. I don't think your stereo stands much of a chance. DJ during the day and after the bands finish. Live music Saturday evening/night and Sunday.

sputnik
    Free Member

Just paid for my tickets, let the countdown begin 🙂

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

15 Days

bikey
    Free Member

Hey Nick
    What about a one legged bike race. This event is obviously open to both one and two legged bikers, but you only clip in one leg and do a lap of a chosen course just using that leg! One of our cycle group regulars lost a crank bolt and his crank fell off about a mile from home, so he had to cycle back one legged. When doing that route it has now become a bit of a tradition to emulate him and the whole group do the last mile with only one foot clipped in whilst taking the piss out of him.

It should be easy for you on your 96er/hybid/mutant/fixie! Just a thought?

Cant wait for BBB 2010.

Matt

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

bikey – I think that can be arranged. Possibly as one of the unofficial events that just seem to happen and are run by the guests. We have backwards cycling last year as well apparently.

I never knew about it until a bloke I flyered the other day said he was there last year and won the Backward Cycling Race. He is coming this year to maintain his title for a race the organisers didn't know about!

soma_rich
    Free Member

I can assure you my stero is bigger and will player louder music 😉

5k Watt PA 😈

luke
    Free Member

I've just seen that the Vulcan is confirmed again this year.
    Vulcan

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

I had forgotten about the free air show at the Big Bike Bash. Red Arrows fly past for prize giving was good last year

shortcut

Have we got a schedule for the event yet? If so when might it be on the site?

Thanks,

SC

soma_rich
    Free Member

There is a schedule! I will see if we can get it on the web site or at the very least emailed out.

Sorry for the delays guys!

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

Cut'n'Paste from Excel doesn't work. I will try and post one up here tomorrow. Full schedules will be emailed out soon too.

yesiamtom
    Free Member

BBB – Is there a list of whats going on when? Or a rough time. I work saturday and would like to come but i dont want to turn up after everything has finished on saturday and find no much going on on sunday. 😀

edit – should have read soma-rich's post. Doh.

DezB
    Free Member

I can 🙂

soma_rich
    Free Member

yesiamtom you could turn up for the night race, music and beer on Saturday then have fun on Sunday too 🙂

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

Most stuff that happens on Saturday also has heats on Sunday. We stagger the timings so if 2 events clash on the Saturday they won't on the Sunday.

There is loads of other stuff that is not on the schedule like the XC races (whoops! To be added soon)

Also things like the climbing wall, kayaks, pedalos, zip wire etc will have scheduled slots through the day.

It is quite a challenge to coordinate this when there are so many different things being done and lots of different people doing them and I am working full time too.

That is largely why I didn't bother last year*.

*plus the fact I left the only printed schedule on my desk at home

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

Just looked at SomaRich's spreradsheet. It has all the right events but some of them have been shifted slightly to prevent clashes and I think the Pint to Pint might have been moved to 7pm.

I have been fiddling with the timings since I sent Rich his copy. I try to keep the team in the dark as well as the punters 😉

molgrips
    Free Member

What's the XC course like?

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

Flowing single track, twisty single track, wider bits for passing, short sections of wooden bridges, mainly woodland. If you know Swinley or Lordswood it is like that. There is a long trail with some climbs in and a short fairly flat sprint track.

Long Route Guide:

Out of the main arena across the lakes to 'Beware of Bears' down 'Rhododendron Alley' drop through 'Death by Clay' where lots of people bottled it last year.

The new bit means you now turn left and rattle through 'Pine Cone Pinball' into the 'Dark Woods' and back up the 'Passing Passage'. it is then the draggy climb towards 'Beyond' and then around to 'Back of Beyond' which leads to the 'Road Crossing'.

This top point of the course so the next descent is 'Weeee!!!' followed rapidly by 'Wiggly Woods' and then the 'Brass Stud Climb' leads inextricably onto the 'Pines of Pain' earning all of those gravity points ready for the 'Bone Shaker' descent and 'Tree-mendous Effort'.

Just a refreshing sprint through 'Water Bomb Alley' before bursting back into the arena.

Hmmm. Maybe I should have taken some pictures too.

DezB
    Free Member

Rich's spreadsheet only goes up to 6pm… er, night race, etc? (I'm sure this is in hand, but thought I'd mention it)

[edit] my bit about course not now needed!

Have you been bashing those ferns down? My local patch is almost totally overgrown!

molgrips
    Free Member

Lol @ that course description 🙂

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

Spent last weekend clearing trails. Will run around with an air blower on the Friday to clear the worst of the pine cones from the kids trail

Night race when it gets dark. Probably run without marshalls again so please bring lights and chargers

molgrips
    Free Member

How many tickets are left? Am I too late?

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

Tickets left but please be quick. They can't be bought on the door*

*screws up our race number system etc

molgrips
    Free Member

Do you need some kind of IT help with that? 🙂

robdob
    Free Member

I'm so excited about coming to BBB i might just pop. 😀

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

I am just about to start laminating 300 race numbers – I am so excited I could yawn

julianwilson
    Free Member

I am well looking forward to it. More 'bike practice' with 4 and 6 year old tomorrow.
    Nick, if you're still around could you put your special BBB voice on and tell my wife to WTFU and take her singlespeed (its the one she rides the most here and its way hillier down our way).

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

MrsJulianWilson – WTFU! Bring your SS*

*and any others you want, if he really loved you he would make room on the bike rack so you could bring both even if it meant leaving his at home and riding the trails on a fully rigid fixie he borrowed from me 😉

Seriously, you should make most the course on a SS if that is what you ride regularly. The course has a couple of long draggy climbs and a few very short sharp climbs but nothing long and very steep.

dobo
    Free Member

Think i will be there again this year, what time do the bands start playing? and who are they?

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

I will check with soma_rich and get him to post something up. We ar ehaving a DJ during the day/afternoon as no-one listened to the bands until the evening last year.

Muke
    Free Member

dobo….Bands are listed in the BBB call to arms thread over on the Bike forum

Jason
    Free Member

Julianwilson, Mrs JasonR will be riding her single speed. She rode the course last year on a single speed, it is all fairly flat so single speed friendly. I think she will be bringing a geared bike too, but that will just be for child carrying duties.

Nick, Does it matter what time we arrive on Friday? I can't remember if I have seen anything saying what time we are allowed to camp from.

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

The camp site this year is the Avon Tyrrell main camp site rather than the field we used last year. I guess you will need to let the people who stayed Thursday clear up but after that it is free

sputnik
    Free Member

Nick, I have bought my tickets last week via the Paypal link. Will I be getting something in the post, or do I have to print some proof of purchase and show it when I arrive on Friday.
    Please advise 🙂

soma_rich
    Free Member

Loads of bands confirmed now including in paticular order:
    The Blue screen of Death
    http://www.myspace.com/thebluescreenofdeath
    Batch88
    http://www.myspace.com/batch88music
    Old Ghosts
    http://www.myspace.com/oldghostsuk
    Juice
    http://www.myspace.com/juiceforthemasses

And a sexy DJ…

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

A confirmation email will be sent out to everyone who has bought a ticket. This will give details of what to do.

molgrips
    Free Member

I am gonna buy tickets today, if I still can.

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

Well hurry up. I am trying to compile the email list.

Cut'n'Paste from the Paypal confirmations takes bl00dy ages.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 124 total)

The topic ‘Big Bike Bash meeting tomorrow – What extra stuff do you want’ is closed to new replies.