Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 87 total)
  • big bike bash
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

From blurred memory the t-shirts were £8 for kids and £10 for adults plus £3 postage

Just got in from returning the beer stillage to The South Western Arms near St Denys station. Great beer, tell Ryan you were sent by the BBB.

Off to the bath with a few beers for me now.

singletracksurfer

I believe all the kids T-shirts are sold out now – I know ‘cos I asked… too late 🙁

ciderinsport
    Free Member

2012-08-20 14.29.32 by ciderinsport, on Flickr

This is the back of my partner… and thats just from the dark woods!

I think we got carried away this year 😀

Anyway, all put away now so tomorrow I can sit and drink 🙄

2013 will be better… if thats possible!

DrP

Ciderinsport – the marking was faultless; don’t change that!!!!

DrP

theashnav
    Free Member

Glad everyone enjoyed it,we are chilling out now on the Thatchers Gold – apart from the barriers and the hay bails its all taken down.Happy there is a vid of me starting the lake jump in my Sumo suit 😀

ciderinsport
    Free Member

theashnav – Member

Welcome to the madhouse fellow SUMO 😀

http://www.justgiving.com/team-SUMO 😉

brokensoul
    Free Member

As above, thanks to everyone for a great time. We’ll be down for some more next year.
    After dodging the jams on the M25, it was 8:45pm when we got home last night, so the van’s still to unload and sort out. 😕
    JasonDS, thanks for the good company. That lad of yours’ll lead you astray one of these days. 😉

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Yeah. Wonderful weekend. I loved it!!
    Will be back next year for sure. 🙂
    I’ll have some pics up at some point too, probably this weekend. I’ll post the link here.

redstripe
    Free Member

I have just checked re. t-shirts: 2 kiddy ones aged 3/4 I found in the box plus a few youth/adult ones S M L and XL, so if anyone wants one, donation plus postage to email link mentioned above
    cheers

madasafishf1
    Free Member

Hi All

Well what can I say, I think everyone else has put it in words, fantastic weekend again, we WILL be back next year along with our friend and his family who also loved it too (his first time at the BBB), he has been bitten by the BBB bug, till next year happy riding 😀

Hi Everyone,

Really glad everyone had amazing weekend, I loved every second of it!
    Needless to say the event wouldn’t be the same without all of you lot that turned up, but also to the people behind the scenes that have been beg, borrowing, pleading to get all the prizes and sponsorship that means we can run the bash. Big thanks to Matt as he worked so hard to get the bash going this year and then couldn’t make it.
    Sorry to you all as well, as I that meant to had to put up with me on the mic this year (someone had to make sure Nick didn’t have it all weekend tho, especially Sat am!).

I do have request to make tho, has anyone picked up my lid by mistake? It was left on the stage as I had to dash off on sunday, its a black specialized s works.

Hope to see you all back next year I know I’ll be there!

Muke
    Free Member

Thanks to everyone for another great weekend,

Casual observations…
    Seemed like less adults taking part than in previous years.
    Great to see more kids taking part in everything (most can ride/fly better than me)
    Lots of non cyclists just chillin out (sitting ducks for Nicks super soaker)
    Lots of BBB newbies who were not sure what they were letting themselves in for (all pleasantly suprised I would say)
    Death by Clay dip on XC course used to attract large crowds but didn’t see anyone this year.
    Shoretrax was a great idea, loved the overnight layout change (only saw 2 other people on the sites permanant northshore stuff all weekend)
    Zombie seemed to be a popular choice in the face painting tent.
    Bar needs more proper Aspalls cider taps (was worth waiting for though)
    Bar/Band manager (sorry forgot name) was very funny and sounded more like Jethro than the man himself.

BBB must now be THE family cycle event in the UK, book early for 2013 to avoid disappointment.

Had to get off early so didn’t see end of lake jump or prizegiving but this is the link to our
    BBB Photos

IHN

Bar/Band manager (sorry forgot name) was very funny and sounded more like Jethro than the man himself.

This 🙂

DrP

Muke – Photo of the weekend here…

Love it!

DrP

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

If anyone found a green Tilley hat in their car when they got home, it might be mine. Can you bring it back next year please.

Cheers

Nick

Colin the Beer = sounded more like Jethro than the man himself.

JasonDS

Thanks DrP – that’s my little fella!! 🙂

southamptonbikepark
    Free Member

Amazing weekend at the Big Bike Bash! Here is a little edit i put together, feel free to share 🙂 Lake Jump – Big Bike Bash 2012

redstripe
    Free Member

fantastic video!
    A little bird has been tweeting saying the BBB 2013 will be on for the BH weekend of 23-26 August, timings and format over a longer weekend tbc and details up by Oct
    cheers

DezB
    Free Member

Nice work with the video there! That’s the BBB 😀

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I heard a bird tweet that people who came this year would get a secret link to a ticket sales page a month before they went on general sale!

Okay, i made that up but who thinks it is a good idea?

Clink

I heard a bird tweet that people who came this year would get a secret link to a ticket sales page a month before they went on general sale!

Okay, i made that up but who thinks it is a good idea?
    😀

singletracksurfer

Good for me 🙂

But we want to bring other friends along next year too 🙁

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

It is a secret link, you may choose to share it with close friends 🙂 🙂 . Since when have I done rules?

DezB
    Free Member

As long as I get the link first. (i think thats the only rule) 😀

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Dezb – I think this years competition showed your son is number 1 while you are zero!!!

New plates next year? 😉

Always happy to help the regulars

RichJJ
    Free Member

Is August Bank Holiday weekend confirmed 🙁 Clashes with TORQ 12:12. Will be sad to miss it after coming for the last few years

brokensoul
    Free Member

JasonDS – Member
    Thanks DrP – that’s my little fella!!

He’s going to lead you astray, Jason.
    😉

redstripe
    Free Member

Clashes with TORQ 12:12

yep it’s unfortunate whatever date we go for it always seems to clash with something like Blenheim, Big Dog etc but it’s the only weekend free at AT to do it next year. Feedback seems to suggest it isn’t like any other bike event so inevitably you makes your choice etc.
    We reckon if we manage the parking and camping better than we currently do, we could probably fit in 100 more people comfortably without losing the fun friendly atmosphere and it will sell out quickly fingers crossed. Be good to see everyone there again
    cheers

Clink

manage the parking and camping

Thanks for another fab event. Great venue, best band ever (The Provokers), even more friendly if that’s possible, and you even booked good weather!!

This (camping) was what I panicked about this year, but in the end there were no problems. Can I suggest you either let people camp where they like (to accommodate family groups – it has worked so far?) or it is specified on booking – ie people tell you on booking they want to be together and you place them. I can tell you now that our 6 (!!) families will be coming again next year and will happily camp in the same place.
    There did seem plenty of space still.

The only issue this year, as last year, was the men’s toilets in the main shower block. They always seem to smell and they overflowed on Sun morning with raw sewage over the floor. 😯

redstripe
    Free Member

sorry about the loos, we recognise the issue when it’s busy, we are currently fundraising (and have just got planning permssion) to build a new boathouse store/loo/shower block down by the lake where all the rhoddy has been cleared west of the lake jump area. Lets hope we can get it there next year, should do

DezB
    Free Member

Just had a chance to go through the photos Muke linked to. Fabulous just fabulous.
    A series of pictures that just illustrates how brilliant BIKES are.
    ..Babies, teenagers, girls, mums, dads, lads… everyone having a brilliant time on bikes.

IHN

There’s an easy answer to the problem with the loos; enter the Malt Loaf eating competition. You won’t need to enter a loo for a good couple of days, I’m only now starting skirt around the edge of “regular” 😯

redstripe
    Free Member

another BBB review here

Clink

nice write-up 🙂

miketea
    Free Member

Just unpacked the van and found an S works lid. James if youre out there get in touch so I can get it back to you. Just off to Upton festival so wont be able to respond untill after the bank holiday.

superfli
    Free Member

Right we are going to this next year! We were hoping to this year but it clashed with a wedding (turns out I had squits anyway). Looks fab!

vd

IHN

You are doing it wrong!

Chuffed to bits to successfully defend the Malt Loaf Title.

6 bites and boa constrictor style swallow.

The only race I have ever won in my life as far as I can recall

Muke
    Free Member

A couple of people have asked for copies of some of my Flickr photos,no prob,they are all free and you can do it yourself.
    To download pictures…..Find the picture you require,Click ACTIONS tab on top left corner, click view ALL SIZES, select the size you want and then click Download.

Edit..If you click the Order prints tab it takes you to a Snapfish order page and you can pay them to print the photo for you. That page does have a cancel option to get back out though if you get there by mistake.

IHN

6 bites

😯

Wow.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘big bike bash’ is closed to new replies.