Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Big 29er Tyres?
  • colournoise

My Google-fu is weak tonight.

Any clever/lucky STWers out there know of any online sellers who have chunky 29 x 2.8 tyres in stock? I’ve got a Rekon+ on the front but would like something with a bit more grip but can’t find anything else in that size anywhere.

Minion DHF or Vigilante (or similar) would be ideal.

bigh
    Free Member

Might be worth looking at Slam 69 he’s the chap for the larger tyres

frogstomp

DHF Plus
    DHR II Plus

One left of each.. be quick!

colournoise

@bigh Thanks for the suggestion. Seem to only have Rekon+ and the Teravail Coronado, which looks even less grippy than the Rekon. Oh well…

colournoise

@frogstomp Cheers! Not 100% that my forks will take a 3.0 (2.8 in the Lyriks has plenty of space though) but am taking the risk.

Had searched on CRC but that tyre didn’t show up – I thought Wiggle and CRC were basically the same site now?

tuboflard

Whereabouts are you @colournoise? I have a set of 29 x 3.0 DHF and DHR which are lightly used and would be prepared to move on. They were the winter tyres for the 29+ singlespeed but were overkill for a fully rigid bike.

monkeyboyjc

The new continental range come in 2.6, unless that’s too small for you…..

https://r2-bike.com/CONTINENTAL-Tire-Kryptotal-R-29-x-260-Soft-Compound-Enduro-Casing

Although only the European shops seem to have them at the moment. I just bought one from R2

colournoise

Thanks for the offer @tuboflard, but I’d already ordered the Wiggle DHF before I saw your post.

@monkeyboyjc
    I have some 2.6s for when I run the bike full 29er, but (for reasons known only to my brain and nothing to do with real world riding) when in mullet mode with a 27.5 x 2.8 on the back I feel the need for the front to be at least as big).

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.