Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 70 total)
  • Bidets – do people really use them?
  • Murray

On holiday in Spain. The apartment has a bidet as does pretty much every holiday apartment I’ve been in.

In the UK I don’t think I’ve seen one in 20 years. Do Brits just have direct arses?

fasthaggis

Bidets are great.

stumpyjon

I think we have better plumbing and prefer paper.

MrPottatoHead

I think we just have tiny houses.

I love using a bidet on holiday-feels so much nicer than paper. Could be that I have a hairy arse crack that like to cling onto nuggets.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Budets can save a situation if you’ve got a really hairy arse crack.

onandon
    Free Member

retro83
    Free Member

I wish it was culturally acceptable to have a bidet in the UK. 🙁

I’m not even particularly well endowed in the arse beard department and even for me it represents a decent upgrade over TP.

I’d like one of those Japanese contraptions with the heated seat etc really but even the hose setup they have in Asia would be reet.

joshvegas
    Free Member

The hose set up just means water everywhere as far as i can work out!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Thing is, are they actually any more convenient than just having a shower? They were probably useful back when a bath was the only option.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

My criteria for ‘making it’ in life is to have a bidet.

Not there yet.

flap_jack
    Free Member

We have one. Don’t use it for post-number-twos but fantastic to ensure the crack is freshly clean before donning cycle shorts (infections down there are nasty).

bigrich

they are for ladies to wash their post coital bits. no contraception in catholic countries, but douching is acceptable.

the things you learn on an mtb forum.

BigDummy
    Free Member
    jambalaya
    Free Member

They where the “in thing” to have in the 1980’s – absolutely useless imho. We only ever used ours to wash feet (as above) or put dirty clothes in. When designing a bathroom you can have 1) larger shower or 2) bidet ? No brainer

@bigrich, as a Catholic we where taught abstention, withdrawal or rhythm method. I can’t thinkmfor a second anyone Catholic would believe a douche is a reliable method of contraception.

Ewan
    Free Member

I’ve never fully grasped how they are meant to work. So today’s the day that I find out – please comment on how I assume one uses one:

1) Have a poo
    2) Fill up bidet with warm (?) water (how do you judge the level?)
    3) Stand up from loo and transfer to bidet (does this not clench the cheeks meaning any residue is ‘ground’ in more?)
    4) Wiggle bum to dislodge any poo residue (do you get your hand involved? how effective is just a dunk?)
    5) Dry bum on something – a towel? I’d be worried about having just wet the poo rather than removing it? Or do you just use an already brown towel?

bigrich

@bigrich, as a Catholic we where taught abstention, withdrawal or rhythm method. I can’t thinkmfor a second anyone Catholic would believe a douche is a reliable method of contraception.

you were taught about sex? we were just told we were going straight to hell for any form of sexual activity whatsover by a wild eyed irishman with a beard and granite faced nuns.

I didn’t say it was a good idea, just that’s what they use em for.

lapierrelady

Sponge on a stick soaked in vinegar?
    That’s what the Romans did for us.

DezB
    Free Member

I want one! I think they’re brilliant. But I do like a clean arse.

gwaelod
    Free Member

I made a turbo bidet the other day…well actually I took a close coupled cistern of the toilet to replace the flush, when I refitted I hadn’t seated the doughnut washer properly. It was an impressive jet of water delivered right at bum level

flap_jack
    Free Member

we were just told we were going straight to hell for any form of sexual activity whatsover by a except with wild eyed irishman with a beard and granite faced nuns.

FTFY

hammerite
    Free Member

I was thinking “I use a bidet most times I’m out on a bike”. Then opened this thread and remembered, that it was a bidon.

wilburt
    Free Member

TP always seems a poor solution to me, surely your just smearing it around a bit.

woody21
    Free Member

Aren’t they for throwing up in?

big_scot_nanny

Ewan’s post is LOL funny, but also gets to the point – HTF are you meant to use them? Excellent questions that require answering!

onandon
    Free Member
    bearnecessities

*Likes*

jambalaya
    Free Member

@ewan you must give your arse a good wipe with paper first. Why on earth would you want to clean your dirty arse with your hand instead of paper ? 😯

Personally plan A is to use the bathrooom before my morning shower. Plan B would be wet wipes if necessary/desire to finish – note do not get confused with bathroom cleaning wipes with bleach – been there done that, too invigorating for me 🙂

stuey
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLlhs-7T7Cw[/video]

fasthaggis

I was thinking “I use a bidet most times I’m out on a bike”.

Aye,roadies without mudgaurds 😉

Murray

The Japanese seats are great, i get them entirely, just not bidets.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Why on earth would you want to clean your dirty arse with your hand instead of paper ?

Some people choose to – a chappie I work with told me the other day: “that’s how we do it”. He is British born, of Bangladeshi parents. I’m aware that it’s the norm in some parts of the world, but it had never occurred to me that it would be a tradition/cultural/whatever thing that would persist through generations.

Edukator
    Free Member

The guy we bought our house from was openly homosexual. In addition to the bidet there was a tiny sink outside the toilet at an unusual height that had a blind around it. Whilst the bidet was removed to make space for a washing machine the little sink has remained, very useful it is too.

onandon
    Free Member

How decadent, a cock sink.

Ewan
    Free Member

@ewan you must give your arse a good wipe with paper first. Why on earth would you want to clean your dirty arse with your hand instead of paper ?

What’s the point then? Wiping works quite well I find…

DrJ

Ewan – TP, running water, hand, soap, towel.

Edukator
    Free Member

Ask your wife/girlfriend/boyfriend/husband, Ewan.

It’s just right for cleaning everything below the waist, On an On.

Xylene
    Free Member

Bum gun all the way here

DezB
    Free Member

Can’t believe folk don’t know how to work a bidet! Thats funny. Think of it as a shower for your bumole not a bath. 😆

BillMC

I’m sure the invention of the bidet was greeted with great joy by French geese:

https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Gargantua/Chapter_XIII

leffeboy

Bum gun all the way here

is the right answer.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘Bidets – do people really use them?’ is closed to new replies.