Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Biden falls of his bike
  • i_scoff_cake
    Free Member

Who hasn’t done this before though? To be fair the last time I fell off like this was in about 1995 when I first fitted some Look clipless.

Trainers/sneakers, plus horrible ‘cage’ pedals and geriatric body don’t go well together lol

Biden

Klunk
    Free Member

fossy

Clumsy ! 🙂

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Didn’t George Bush do that too? I expect they’ll get similar treatment in the press.

tthew

I did that first ride of a brand new bike that came with toe clips after a decade of SPD’s. Fell into my dad’s flower bed and put a big dint in the top tube on the sandstone border. Damn. 🫤

joshvegas
    Free Member

I think george bush stacked a mountainbike while out mountain biking didn’t he?

shermer75
    Free Member

Ahh poor fella, we’ve all been there

shermer75
    Free Member

Also, can’t the POTUS get a better bike?!

desperatebicycle

I wouldn’t wanna fall on tarmac at that age. Then again, my mum fell off her bike last week and she’s in her 80s.

convert

Also, can’t the POTUS get a better bike?

This.

The car the dude is driven around in will get serviced and thought about endlessly. Then they let him out on that. Cages – what were they thinking!

I thought he looked in good fettle aside from being on the floor. Was Trump ever seen astride a bike? That brings up unpleasant images.

Harry_the_Spider

Classic CrapFall™!

Mine was sideways through to open door of a packed chippy.

greyspoke
    Free Member

Dubya was mountainbiking on his ranch.

StirlingCrispin

george bush stacked a mountainbike while out mountain biking didn’t he?

He was riding a mountain bike at Gleneagles and collided with a policeman.

There’s some lovely mountain biking in the adjoining Ochils. I was also delighted to see a small group from Gleneagles out exploring the back roads during the week (chatted to the leader at Kinkell Bridge) but George Bush was not mountain biking when he crashed.

kayak23

You’d think being the prez he’d have a jazzier bike.
    Looked like something from Halfords.

i_scoff_cake
    Free Member

Also, can’t the POTUS get a better bike?!

Maybe something like this would be more prudent?

Bike

a11y

Standards here are slipping. Nobody’s asked if the bike is OK?

fossy

Laugh as we might, orangina man would never have got on a bike.

slowoldman

He’s a braver man than me. I wouldn’t go near a bike with clips and straps. Clipless all the way for me.

Northwind

I may have done the exact same thing a few times back in the day.

Caher

I fell off my bike big style at the Acropolis and was rushed to hospital. Still have a scar 20 years later across my chest. Couldn’t unclip.
    The GOP will make the most of this as the great Trump would never fall off of his putter.

dyna-ti

79 years old and still getting out on the bike.

I think the problem shows in the vid Klunk posted.

He took one foot out the cage but failed to put his foot back onto the pedal to stabilize the other. Trying to then pull out the other foot all that happens is the pedal goes backwards and you cant get your foot out.

I’d say you then concentrate trying to get that foot out and lean towards it. Result – unbalanced and no way to stop yourself falling off.

timba
    Free Member

4th film innit? If you look carefully at 00:17 you’ll see Morgan Freeman ready to take over running the country in Raleigh Olympus Has Fallen…
    We’ve all been there I’m sure, and publicly too, but Joe does seem to make a bit of a habit of tripping over Air Force One as well 🙂

joshvegas
    Free Member

I’ve doe exactly what he did on my fixed gear. only not only did i not get my foot out the cage i managed to get my foot through between the cage and strap. Down i went on glasgow high street i couldn’t get my foot out so i had to drag my self trailing a bike by the foot to the pavement. While everyone including me creased themselves.

Drac

He was riding a mountain bike at Gleneagles and collided with a policeman.

Indeed he did. I know the guy who seen it happen and ran to his aid, before promptly shitting himself as it turns out putting your hands on the President causes quite a response.

whatgoesup

Good on him – getting out on your bike is a great thing to be doing, and the odds fall is going to happen. Quite life affirming, especially at him age. More people should be in it doing this.

Why he’s running such a naff bike confuses me though.

i_scoff_cake
    Free Member

Good on him – getting out on your bike is a great thing to be doing

He just trundles around the block a couple of times for a photo opportunity. The idea, I think, is to make him look young and fit. I’ve only ever seen him freewheeling down that hill too, come to think of it.

Drac

I’ve only ever seen him freewheeling down that hill too, come to think of it.

How often do you pop over to watch him?

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

The man struggles to walk

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Maybe that’s why he took the bike?

ratherbeintobago

Why he’s running such a naff bike confuses me though.

Ancient hybrids are enough bike for most people, though I agree that the clipped pedals are bad news and I’d have been putting something else on (or at least taking the cages off) quick smart.

devbrix
    Free Member

Presidential Senior Pedal Advisor will be feeling pretty silly today

maccruiskeen

I’ve gone over pretty much the same way just on flat peddles, politely pulled over to give way to some walkers at Silgachan and for some reason couldn’t send the message to me feet to step off the pedals, they were behaving exactly like the were clipped in. Slowly and gently keeled over and slumped across the path right in front of them

much like the Potus I was getting on a bit though. I was 28.

gonefishin
    Free Member

I struggle to walk. I can still ride a bike though.

funkmasterp

I too have done this and it was next to a packed bus stop. Borrowed a friends bike and rather than adjusting the cages I just rammed my boots in to them. That was a bad idea. Had to drag me and the bike to the kerb so I could undo the straps whilst a crowd of commuters looked down on me and laughed.

slowoldman

Well let’s wait and see how you’re coping at his age.

piemonster

orangina man would never have got on a bike.

I doubt Trump could, even if he wanted too, and he has so many mental hang ups he’d probably declare the bike Antifa in Bidens situation.

SuperScale20
    Free Member

They find whatever they can to hammer this guy is this really news who has this not happened too before.

ernielynch

Biden fell because he leant to the right, had he leant to the left he would have been fine.

Let that be a salutary lesson.

desperatebicycle

I think the problem shows in the vid Klunk posted.

He took one foot out the cage but failed to put his foot back onto the pedal to stabilize the other. Trying to then pull out the other foot all that happens is the pedal goes backwards and you cant get your foot out.

I’d say you then concentrate trying to get that foot out and lean towards it. Result – unbalanced and no way to stop yourself falling off.

Is that for people who didn’t watch the video? Or you think there might be people who watched it but didn’t understand what the hell was going on??

funkrodent

Biden fell because he leant to the right, had he leant to the left he would have been fine.

Let that be a salutary lesson

Nope. Biden fell because (as i have done) when he wentnto put his right foot down it was trapped by the cage. By the time you realise what you’ve done you’re already irrevocably committed ro some close tarmac interface. Nothing to see there, but as said above I’ll wager that next time he’s out on his bike he has flat pedals..

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.