Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Bicycle Industry Related Jobs in the North West?
  • monksie
    Free Member

My sanity is on a knife edge here. Teenager is soon off to college, my wife has an ace career with good pay that she loves, I have a job I detest. I worked in bike shops while I was a mature student doing my Sports Science but I really need to do a job I want to rather than have to.
    I have applied for a couple of positions but I’ve not heard back yet. I can chuck a spanner around although I have no Cytech quals. I’m going to pay for it myself. Shop floor, sales..anything. Willing to travel up to 40 miles each way daily from Stockport and I’m not expecting to be paid a fortune. GSOH, likes dogs and children, easy going, approachable and presentable…please?

tmb467
    Free Member

got an email a week or two ago from Stif looking for sales staff…although Harrogate might be a stretch too far for you

monksie
    Free Member

I saw that on Bikebiz tmb467. If only it was nearer. Thanks anyway.

Brownbacks
    Free Member

you could marshal for us 😉

no pay, involves standing around a lot, can involve getting rained upon

perfect bike industry job 😉

monksie
    Free Member

Funnily enough, I was going to ask for some volunteer shop work to gain more up to date experience so I’d be up for some race marshalling as well. It all counts. Please chuck me an email over if you’re serious? It’d be great to get involved.

timc
    Free Member

think leisure lakes were looking for someone in mail order office in lancashire

monksie
    Free Member

Thanks for the links Macavity but sadly non within 40(ish) miles of home.

acidchunks

On one are looking for a spanner monkey.. http://www.on-one.co.uk/jobs

izakimak
    Free Member

Leisure Lakes are looking for someone to work in their sales office in Leyland. E-mail greg@leisure-lakes.co.uk and he will provide more info. Btw i dont work there my girlfriend does.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Try Bikeright in Manchester .They were looking for instructors recently. It may be worth a call to them to see about qualifications etc…

monksie
    Free Member

Thank you everybody. Much appreciated. I submitted applications to both Leisure Lakes and Merlin at the weekend. Fingers crossed. I’ll follow up on other leads as well.
    As above, I can travel on a daily basis and I can spend my own money to get trained if needs be.
    I’ve never been happier than when I worked in the bike trade.

matt1986
    Free Member

Check the Evans website pretty sure one of the manchester stores will be recruiting soon

monksie
    Free Member

Thank you Matt. I’ve noticed that Evans Chill Factore have a vacancy for a head mechanic but that’s beyond my skill level (for now anyway).

matt1986
    Free Member

Keep looking mate I work at the store at the national cycling centre were not taking on at the min but the others will because some if the students will be moving on. Just keep an eye on the website all jobs have to be applied for through that its crazy no just walking in a shop with a CV anymore

monksie
    Free Member

Thanks Matt. I’ll keep an eye on it.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Bicycle Industry Related Jobs in the North West?’ is closed to new replies.