Bicester designer village

Home Forum Bike Forum Bicester designer village

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Bicester designer village
  • fd3chris

Ha ha not your scene then I take it? I live quite close and very rarely go as I could end up spending 1000’s and it’s supposed to be a sale place!

Edric 64

Only looked in Timberland and Northface ,im to scruffy and tight for the rest of it !!!

I can’t add much more to this other than to say it is a truly horrible place with largely horrible people. *shivers.

twohats

It was only good when the Vans outlet store was there. Picked up tons of ridiculously cheap Vans from there over the years. I heard that the Vans shop didn’t fit in with the rest of the place and was made politely aware that their presence wasn’t welcome!

Houns

I go often, church’s, Paul smith, Hackett and Boss usually, diesel to pick up a cheap pair of jeans.

Key is to go a midweek morning out of school holidays

Premier Icon edhornby
    Subscriber

hateful and overpriced, I don’t believe that there is anything ‘sale’ about it

Premier Icon rOcKeTdOg
    Subscriber

Hell On Earth

is there still that v temporary carpark that shakes when you drive around it?

Edric 64

I was driven there but we parked at ground level

Edric 64

I had the misfortune to visit Bicester designer village today .I cant get my head round how much people are prepared to pay for stuff .Over priced and not always well made .Missus was looking at Kipling bags 50 quid in a sale for a snotty cheap nylon bag you could get for a tenner in any tat outdoor shop.Never mind all the overpriced clothes .Horrible ostentatious consumerism at its worst !Dont get me started on all the people who loved themselves walking round preening themselves in those stupid oversized shades !

matther01

Missus has dragged me there a few times before…ended up buying a gstar shirt for the equivalent price of a normal one.

Not a fan…especially in the sun surrounded by crowds of people.

nwill1

Never been there but I have to laugh at the irony…mountain bikers discussing a world where people pay over the odds for products to make themselves feel better about themselves…what bike do you ride? Do you NEED it?

Premier Icon zippykona
    Subscriber

**** awful place. Its like a soul black hole. Sucking every bit of life out of you.

Premier Icon nickc
    Subscriber

I heard that the Vans shop didn’t fit in with the rest of the place and was made politely aware that their presence wasn’t welcome!

Nice story but complete bollards. The temporary CP is long gone. Lets be honest here if those places didn’t exist the people that like going to them might decide they’d like a day in the countryside….

As I live in Bicester I HATE the place. Boxing day a couple of years ago the whole A41 dual carriageway from the M40 junction to Bicester was totally gridlocked- people abandoned their cars and walked to the village FFS.

Nice story but complete bollards

Not completely. The profits the higher end brands can turn are stunning which is why all the lower end/outdoors stuff (Tog 24, Helly Hansen, Fat Face, Quiksilver, Vans) have been driven out. The most profitable shop there turns over £500K a week and apparently its the biggest and most profitable Starbucks in the UK.

Massively popular with Asian tourists, but I’d love to know how much (read “little”) money stays locally. The Clarks store is famous for COMPLETELY selling out all its stock once, its a brand which is well regarded in the far east and a few coach loads came in bought whatever they could get their hands on.

PS nick you got the Shan built yet?

Premier Icon gofasterstripes
    Subscriber

Man I wish that the word “designer” was subject to usage restriction…

Premier Icon stewartc
    Subscriber

Bizarrely a lot of my colleagues have asked about this place when they question me about places to visit while holidaying in the UK, I’d never heard of it until I left the UK!

Edric 64

Never been there but I have to laugh at the irony…mountain bikers discussing a world where people pay over the odds for products to make themselves feel better about themselves…what bike do you ride? Do you NEED it?

.I was waiting for this !I ride /race a 9 year old Dawes Edge.With Deore mainly and a lightly used xt shadow rear mech chain cassette drivetrain I bought from a mate .Is that ok ?

fd3chris

Ah see I’m a bike snob with in my limited budget!

curvature

Always call in if passing and it does make me laugh the amount of far eastern tourists that are there.

As for the shops I tend to go to the few brands that I like. If they have anything that is the right price and right size make my purchase and off I go again.

I have had some good buys.

I don’t think I would make a special trip to go there.

Edric 64

Apart from Timberland which was expensive compared with their Bridgend store and had nothing in my size and Northface which had no sale trousers in my size !!There were no stores of interest to me .Even Starbucks Coffee is poor !!

Convenient location for me to pop in on way to see family. Wife loves it, I can take it or leave it, kids hate it! I miss more of the outdoors shops – I always topped on HH lifa stuff etc in the early days. Have found a few bike/outdoor bargains in NF and Musto still and then the odd opportunistic buy in some of the other shops. Amazed at how Ralph Lauren has become “pile em high” place and even funnier to watch recent mayhem when Colin Jackson was browsing in there!

Happy to have a quick one hour max pit stop and leave it at that. But do smile at the bus loads of tourists and the idea that this has become a tourist attraction in its own right – oh and the percentage off burqa wearing ladies coming out of agent provocateur!!!!

(Edric, last pair of timberlands cost around £80-100 about 15 years ago (quality lasts?), now £55 at Bicester. I wonder if the quality is still as high?)

Premier Icon nickc
    Subscriber

CrashTM, not completely, ordered a headset press for the BB92 after my home-bodge press wasn’t up to the job. already hate the system, using a press fit for stuff you’re going to need to replace on a regular basis seems a bit of a backward step.

Premier Icon Flaperon
    Subscriber

I found it the most phenomenally depressing place. Crammed with millions of Chinese tourists who instead of going to look at some of the most beautiful parts of England decide instead to squander money in a crap facsimile of a New England shopping mall. And they’re so bloody rude – pushing in front in queues, or simply elbowing me out of the way to talk to a shop assistant.

Edric 64

Bought twp pairs of Timberlands for £65 all in .That was in the shopping destination thing in Bridgend.Which has loads more of interest for outdoorsy sorts .The Berghaus shop is good (as in cheap)

Premier Icon nickc
    Subscriber

Crammed with millions of Chinese tourists who instead of going to look at some of the most beautiful parts of England decide instead to squander money in a crap facsimile of a New England shopping mall

They might have already seen the beautiful bits, and decided to spend some dolla…

Premier Icon annebr
    Subscriber

These days you can’t get much at a good price there. We get the same stuff and often cheaper in the sales at House of Fraser in Wycombe.

A few years back you could get good end of line stuff at a reasonable price. Now it’s so popular they barely discount anything very much.

was looking at Kipling bags 50 quid in a sale for a snotty cheap nylon bag you could get for a tenner in any tat outdoor shop

I remember once upon a time, (oh alright then, early 90’s) when Kipling was reasonably affordable, decent quality, a little bit niche and best found in little shops in Europe. Another once-kooky brand lost to the masses. 🙁

IT is a horrible horrible place and wish it would burn to the ground! It brings Bicester to a complete standstill you can barely even move around to get to my own house! It’s full of idiots with sat nav’s who can’t drive as they aren’t paying attention. And not HH, Van, Quicksilver etc have gone it’s full of over priced chav gear which is all old stock from 2003. Don’t ever waste your time going there!

Hateful place.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Bicester designer village’ is closed to new replies.