Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Bibshorts Dhb Aeron/Aeron speed.
  • tommytowtruck

I’m looking for some new bibshorts and get on quite well with DHB stuff. Does anyone have either of these and can recommend them? Are the speed ones worth a fiver extra? Any other recommendations for bibs, preferably looking for some navy blue ones. Ta!

legend
    Free Member

Sure mine are Aerons, I like them more than my Raphas if that means anything. They’re starting to look a little worn, but that’s after a CX season so i’m not complaining

kcr
    Free Member

Long term DHB shorts wearer here, and I have just bought one pair of each. I can’t see much difference between them. Slightly different shaped pads, different bib straps, Speed has coldblack coating (to keep you cooler, allegedly…).

I rode 100 miles on Sunday in the Speeds and they were great. Good fit, no discomfort, didn’t really think about them too much, which is the sign of a good pair of shorts.

bob_summers

I’m impressed with the top tier DHB shorts.  They wear better than many, don’t seem to go threadbare at the lower back like Rapha.

The last pair I got (Aeron Speed) had an itchy spot though – right where the unnecessary label is on the arse.  Where it’s sewn into the seam, a hard corner protrudes and jabs your skin.  It’s tiny, but I managed to trim it with some very sharp scissors (go in there ham-fisted and the short’s will just come apart in the middle).

tommytowtruck

Spot on, thanks all. The Aeron speed bibs now have £20 off so I’ve ordered a pair.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Bibshorts Dhb Aeron/Aeron speed.’ is closed to new replies.