Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Bib’s – Scott, DHB or Pearl Izumi?
  • matt_outandabout

I need a new pair of shorts and a pair of 3/4’s.

I’m looking at DHB Classic and Pearl Izumi Pursuit Attack.

An outlier are the Scott’s – some RC race or even their integrated Trail Tech Hybrid things look good.

Spending £30-50, I’m on the sturdy side of things, 6′ and 34″ waist with cyclists thigh’s…

Any comparison or thoughts?

filks

I’m of sturdier build (34-36” waist and 5’10”) and just got some DHB Classic bibs that are perfect. If they’re anything like my previous DHB shorts they’ll last donkeys too

matt_outandabout

Thanks fiks.

FOG

I don’t know if they have changed their sizing but I had some dhb 3/4s that were well undersize. I normally hover between L and XL but even XXL weren’t really comfortable.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

check out the deals on Giordana at bikerooms (website or ebay shop). Good deals and very good shorts. Size up though, so L = XL

matt_outandabout

@FOG – do you know what model they were?
    I’m looking at classic shorts.

dawson

I bought some DHB last year, and although I have persevered with them I find the pad quite thick, which causes sweating and can lead to sores. I bought medium due to waist size (skinny 6ft), but it means they are  quite short in the leg

Tellingly, they don’t seem to to sell that model anymore..

matt_outandabout

Thanks all. I’ve actually ordered 3/4’s and shorts from Galibier! They seemed to have glowing reviews all-round, the others all had some hit and miss.

One thing I’ve had to avoid is gel pads in shorts. I’ve a Mavic set that are so sweaty because of the pad, leading to real discomfort.

Oblongbob

I’ve got Galibier bibs and they’re really good. Only issue I have is on the ones I have the straps are not overly generous and the front comes quite high, so pee stops are a bit of a challenge. Other then that, top notch. Also really rate Lusso shorts, and made in Manchester too.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Madison own brand are good value for money.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Bib’s – Scott, DHB or Pearl Izumi?’ is closed to new replies.