Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Bib shorts suggestions for tall and thin-ish
  • cows_in_cars
    Free Member

I am having real problems finding bib shorts that fit, despite being, what I would class as a fairly normal proportions for a cyclist, it seems stupidly hard to find cycle clothing that fits. Yes I am on the taller side at just over 6’1 but in cycle clothing that seems to mean that I also have a large-ish waist, waist around 31-32 inches.

I can fit into a medium but the straps are usually a little tight and the legs are far too hot pants like, for me, and then a large (or XL if I am going on height) are too big and the pad doesn’t fit properly, not good at all!

Recently tried (on bike):
    Craft bibs (medium) great comfort but far too short in the leg
    mavic (medium) fit fine and comfortable but short in leg
    Atura ergo fit, not bad fit but the pad is the wrong size for me and have rather sore rear after 10 hours in the saddle and that was with cream.

I can’t keep spending loads of cash on bibs that don’t fit, it’s hard to judge in the shop as they seem ok but different on the bike. Any suggestions on were to look would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

wwaswas

My medium skins fit me and I’m similar dimensions to you.

MSP

assos do a long fit, so you can effectively size down.

MSP

annd assos tend to suit the skinnier rider in the first place as well.

cows_in_cars
    Free Member

thanks, had wondered about skins as they size there short differently, whats the leg length like?

Will look at assos too

Thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Bib shorts suggestions for tall and thin-ish’ is closed to new replies.