Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Bialetti stovetop question – how many spoons?
  • sharkbait
    Free Member

Just started using my [think it’s a 4 or 6 cup] Bialetti again after many years break and it’s now my source for all my coffee.

As I like a white coffee during the day I’m putting about 1/3rd cup of milk in the microwave (yeah I know, I use the frother when I feel the need) and giving it a good zap. I then top up the mug with coffee from the Bialetti which I guess is probably about 2 espresso cups worth.

So, how many teaspoons of ground coffee should I be using for two espresso cups?

I’m after a 2 cup Bialetti as well as it’s usually only me having a coffee, but for now the big one will have to do.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

7g of coffee per shot i think??

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Size

The size can be a single, double, or triple, which correspond roughly to a 1, 2, and 3 US fluid ounce (approximately 30, 60 or 90ml) standard (“normale”) shot, and use a proportional amount of ground coffee, roughly 7–8, 14–16, and 21–24 grams; correspondingly sized filter baskets are used. The Italian term doppio is often used for a double, with solo and triplo being more rarely used for singles and triples. The single shot is the traditional shot size, being the maximum that could easily be pulled on a lever machine, while the double is the standard shot today.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

I almost fill it up every time. Otherwise the coffee isn’t right.

I top up the shots with hot water and a bit of milk – lovely! One on the go right now.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I think mine’s an 8-cup and I fill it 2/3 for 2 people. Helpful eh? 😀

Seriously the wee ones are so much quicker, well worth buying, saves time for seeing hot girls and business meetings internet arguments.

user-removed
    Free Member

If I don’t fill mine to the top it throws a hissy fit and spits coffee out through its valve and the threaded section. It also forces grounds up through the spout.

grievoustim
    Free Member

I have a 3 cup and a 6 cup – the 3 cup= 1 drink for me. The 6 cup = 2 or 3 drinks (but I like a strong milky coffee (with roughly equal milk to coffee)

IME trying to make a smaller amount of coffee then the pot is designed for doesn’t really work

so, I think you should buy a smaller pot

sharkbait
    Free Member

^^

I suspect you’re right grievoustim. I also think a little 2 cup stove on a camping stove in my office kitchen would be great 🙂

ratherbeintobago

I also think a little 2 cup stove on a camping stove in my office kitchen would be great

You want one of these:

Andy

grim168
    Free Member

Andy, where can you get those from ?

sharkbait
    Free Member

One on ebay at the mo…… £40.00 😯 Think I’d rather go with the camping stove 🙂

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Fill it so that its slightly heaped, then when you screw it together it compacts it, thus forcing the water to a higher pressure.

I have a 1 cup, it makes 1.5-2 shots of expresso but I take it off the heat before all the water gets through to make sure no steam does.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Bialetti stovetop question – how many spoons?’ is closed to new replies.