Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • BHF South Downs Way 100
  • kaj0103
    Free Member

Hi all
    I’ve been looking into the BHF SDW 100. Recently spoke to someone who said they don’t do it anymore and someone else has taken over. Anyone got any idea on this at all?
    Many thanks!

gazzab1955

Probably dropped when Covid hit and not restarted. London to Brighton off road was last Saturday (17th), that may have taken over from doing the SDW?

Charity Bike Rides 2022 – British Heart Foundation (bhf.org.uk)

kaj0103
    Free Member

Defo 2 different events. Both have been running for some years. Maybe you are right about covid and dropping it.

avdave2

There was at least one organised event this summer as I rode it the other way in July and plenty of markers were still up. Can’t say I recall who had organised it though

reluctantjumper

I know they had a big issue with people only ever paying the entry fee and never raising any money meaning they weren’t making money on it a few years ago. They put up the entry fee by quite a lot to compensate and it killed the numbers so maybe they have dropped it due to that.

weeksy

Trailbreak have done it this year

sotonkona
    Free Member

I did it with Trailbreak in early July as I fancied doing my first attempt with a bit of support. They’ve actually been running their SDW Century since the 90’s I believe, long before the BHF, so it’s a well oiled machine – super well organised, well signed (not that you need it much), support when you need it and really good value. Would highly recommend.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.