Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Bfe Max Fork
  • godzilla
    Free Member

What length fork are people running on their bfe max, I building one and can’t decide wether to go 140 or 150.

cb

160! DT Swiss

spikey
    Free Member

Fox36 160 travel. No wandering on the climbs and got you covered on the descents when riding it on the fork.

godzilla
    Free Member

I was thinking about 150, Revelation or Yari as a happy medium.
    How do you guys like you Bfe Max?

marksnook
    Free Member

I built mine with a 130mm fork as that’s what I had but bumped it up to 140mm when the air shaft was delivered. I’m added token and changed the setup of the fork so not a direct comparison but I like it currently. Be curious to try a 150mm/160mm fork though. In think it handles real well riding the fork and pushing the front into stuff so maybe more travel would get me out of the odd hard hit!
    I love the way bike rides. It just feels balanced and handles way rougher trails better than I though it would.
    I would steepen the seat angle if I could change anything. I quite like the upright seated pedalling position and I do find steeper better on climbs. It climbs great though except on the steepest climbs around here. The steep section are generally short so it’s not a massive problem.
    Overall though it’s a great bike, feels long as hell at first but I got used to that real quick

godzilla
    Free Member

Thanks Mark, I was looking at your bike on IG just now actually, same colour as I’ve ordered, it looks great.

marksnook
    Free Member

I wonder if I could have got a small frame but I think the longer reach probably actually helps a hardtail be a bit more stable and balanced. I ordered the blue colour originally but the grey/copper became available earlier. It looks amazing in the flesh
    I’m pretty happy with it though! I can’t get over how capable it is, way more than me!

godzilla
    Free Member

Nice, I went for a large, the reach of the large with 160 os similar to my Sentinel so I’m confident it will fit well.

marsbarman
    Free Member

I’ve got a frame on order atm, I’ve ordered a Pike Ult 140 to go on it, once it arrives at least. Want to use this as more of a trail bike, I’ve got a Stumpy Evo for anything bigger.

godzilla
    Free Member

I’ve hit the button on some 2021 150 Revelation, same chassis as the Pike, I ran some on a 2018 P7 and they are acceptable, if I want to upgrade the damper to ULT I can,
    £297 shipped from Star bike so I’ll get a £100 ish customs bill.

simono5

Also got the gunmetal copper on order @ XL.

Wil be running 130mm RS Pike.

Can’t wait for the frame to arrive.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Bfe Max Fork’ is closed to new replies.