Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Beware – PayPal scam emails
  • dantsw13

In the last week I’ve received 2 emails asking me to update my PayPal details. They link to a site identical to PayPal, but with a different URL.

My suspicions were raised, so I emailed PayPal, who confirmed it is a scam looking for bank details.

They confirmed that any email from PayPal, and any website will always have http:www.paypal at the start.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Will ALWAYS have YOUR name – EXACT and FULL in it too 😉

allmountainventure
    Free Member

They messed up recently with me. I sent an obvious phishing email to spoof at paypal.com and they wrote back saying it was legit, auto response maybe? 3 times they did it. Had to go round the houses to get in touch with them via another means. I wonder how many people got told it was ok and lost their login details till they put that right.

They ALWAYS address emails to you by name and never send you a link to login by or an online form.

sleepless
    Free Member

same here. I closed my paypal account too and still get them.

mattjg
    Free Member

Beware – PayPal scam emails

is the equivalent of saying “beware sun will come up tomorrow”. Seriously.

dantsw13

Maybe. This was a lot more sophisticated than other scam emails I’ve seen. Surely if it helps one person it’s worth it. Seriously.

ash.addy
    Free Member

Been having these emails for the last three or four weeks. They send the messages to my personal email address which isn’t used on my pp account.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Beware – PayPal scam emails’ is closed to new replies.