Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Beware fashion content: Anyone else like PrettyGreen?
  • hora
    Free Member
    wwaswas

he’d be spinning in his grave if he were in it 😉

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xo_owtOX4g[/video]

binners

Fashion?

hora
    Free Member

Binners you are the anti-poon to good dressing 😛

binners

I dress to the left. Is that good or bad?

sbob
    Free Member

£50 for a T shirt from the 70s? 😯

Charity shops are full of stuff like that for a fraction of the price.

binners

Not to mention the principle of making money for this man…

somafunk

I dress wi whatever tkmaxx has on their sale rails, or what i can get for trade from our suppliers etc, currently sporting poc trail shorts and enduraa baa-baa top, along wi merino sock guy socks – same as what i’ve been sporting for the past 4 days along wi merrell rant brash trainers – i’m a fashion guru don’t ya know?.

I don’t own trousers and i don’t own a shirt/tie, but i do have a good selection of shorts n’ t-shirts for every occasion 😉

nickd
    Free Member

they do nice shirts

warton
    Free Member

I think Pretty Green is trying way to hard to be ‘mod’ and cool

saying that I like their Japanese leather jacket, but it’s stoopid money

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Fashion = an extremely efficient way of seperating a fool from his cash

hora
    Free Member

Fashion = an extremely efficient way of seperating a fool from his cash

I’d expect nothing less from a STW’er

z1ppy

wot, the truth?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Some of thier long sleave t’s are rather nice.
    Never bought anything from them but have been tempted on a few occasions.
    Agreed the leather jackets were quite nice, but £400 is rather a lot of dosh for an item i’d wear ooohhh 4 times.

DezB
    Free Member

Ooh, a polo shirt reduced form £65 (SIXTY FIVE POUNDS!), must have a browse… 😆

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Being young I’m reasonably into fashion but this is not my thing more of an AllSaints fan myself.

kudos100
    Free Member

Awful designs. Then again, it is owned by a man who wore a duffel coat for 20 years.

hunterst
    Free Member

he’d be spinning in his grave if he were in it

Hmmm…..possibly not

Paul weller – designs for pretty green

M6TTF
    Free Member

no way id put money in that fools pocket – and how pants is that beady eye track!

CountZero

Nothing there I’d wear, that polo shirt looks like something my dad would have worn when I was ten. The ‘Biker’ jacket is just a thin leather blouson jacket, and overpriced, I’ve got a really nice Spyker bike jacket, similar sort of styling, with armour, and really heavy leather, and cost originally about the same.
    Those Festival jackets look like shell-suit tops.
    The Balkan parka’s just an M-95 knock-off.

MrSmith
    Free Member

It’s about as desirable as superdry and Next which is clothing for cretins.
    That kind of fashion has very little to do with style.
    Smedley and Fred perry do it better.

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

The fact that gallacher will make money from it rules it out for me.

Mr_Mojo
    Free Member

You’re in the wrong place to talk about fashion. Usual comments from people about clothes been way too expensive and anyone who buys them are stupid whilst owning a £4k bike and Audi A4.

I had a look around the shop in Covent Garden a few weeks ago, quite liked what I saw and didn’t think it was particularly expensive either.

Drac

I like my fashion and designer labels, it’s important to dress the part for when I drive my Audi, but that is bloody awful.

mogrim

There’s some nice stuff on that site – not hora’s polo shirt though. And 120€ for a t-shirt? That really is taking the piss!

hmanchester
    Free Member

Being young I’m reasonably into fashion but this is not my thing more of an AllSaints fan myself.

I’d go along with that. The stuff on the link is a bit trendy dad.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Superdry FTW

(for the ****)

yoshimi

Hora – picked that shirt up a couple of weeks ago, really well made, it’s lined……..also it looks good 🙂

hora
    Free Member

I’d go along with that. The stuff on the link is a bit trendy dad.

Nah, if I look through all my old pics when I was circa 2-6yrs old I’m wearing ALL PrettyGreens designs 😆

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

It’s about as desirable as superdry and Next which is clothing for cretins.
    That kind of fashion has very little to do with style.
    Smedley and Fred perry do it better.

Jeez! This and the McDonalds thread! What a bunch of egocentric closed-minded clods

Really? Clothing for cretins? Well, i hope you have enough courage of conviction to point this out to someone when next you see them so attired? What’s that you say? No? Too scared?

hora
    Free Member

Missed that. I think you are over-analysing garments too much MrSmith.

hmanchester
    Free Member

Hora – that’s probably it! It’s some hardwired thing going on in there that’s sending you down the nostalgia route!

Just to clarify, I think the stuff looks quite good. Not over branded and with a definite clear style. Just not for me.

I tend to be drawn to stuff that actually fits me as well which I find novel. It does mean that I’m limited in my choice but it also makes shopping easier.

hora
    Free Member

Their polo shirts make me look like I have better shoulders/chest than what I actually have. Thats a good thing IMO 8)

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Really? Clothing for cretins? Well, i hope you have enough courage of conviction to point this out to someone when next you see them so attired? What’s that you say? No? Too scared?

It’s like a standard response to every clothing related thread. See also: usage of the word “bedwetter” in music threads. We’ve kinda nailed it down to attention seeking issues now. So best ignored, like a naughty child.

binners

Well I for one can’t wait to see Hora resplendent in his lovely new top. I imagine it to become a sort of totemistic thing. Like David Mellor in his Chelsea kit

FROGLEEK
    Free Member

I work in the Industry and tbh its all down to marketing / celebrity endorsement and a wide customer base.
    Liam Gallagher got it right in terms of heritage and retro being of the moment when he launched a few years ago. The product is very widely distributed and is one of the best selling brands in most of the stores I visit.
    Yes its over priced if you take each garment on face value – quality and construction; but as with everything its punting a lifestyle and attitude.

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Beware fashion content: Anyone else like PrettyGreen?’ is closed to new replies.