• This topic has 7 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by bish.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Betws Y Coed; where to stay content
  • stayhigh

Morning All,

After an incredibly busy and stressful last few months, I’m heading up to North Wales for four days riding at the end of February.

Ordinarily I’d stay at the cheap and cheerful Glen Aber bunkhouse however they appear to have put their prices up and it’s almost £50 for the bunkhouse and breakfast! After adding dinner from the pub to this I’m looking at £65-70 a night for a bunk bed and a shared shower which isn’t so great. So with that in mind I’m looking for somewhere to stay near Betws, where it’s just me, with a kitchen for upto £70 a night. A log burner would also be nice but cut cape cloth etc.

Driving up from Kent with a plan for being up there is Llandegla, CYB, Gwydir and possibly Llyn Colwyd depending on conditions so somewhere local to those please.

Have a couple of places book marked on Airbnb but wondered if there were any hidden gems out there?

TIA 🙂

ta11pau1

Not stayed there yet but I found this place, £40 pn for some rooms, mtb storage.

https://www.snowdoniaguesthouse.net/

gravesendgrunt
    Free Member

The Vagabond Bunkhouse is £22 per night(£27 with breccy) just down the road from Glen Aber….

Vagabond

bails

We stayed at Maes Madog farm cottages just up the road. I think we were in the cottage that used to be the stables. It was small but cosy because half of the space was taken up by the furnace-like boiler room, perfect for drying wet kit. It won’t be £22/night like the Vagabond though.

breninbeener

OP…i hqve PM you!

Ian

globalti
    Free Member

I thought everybody stayed at The Heights in Llanberis?

boardmanfs18
    bish

If you’re not bothered about luxury this place http://www.jessejamesbunkhouse.co.uk/
    Is good, stopped there a few times while I was working around there. It’s very basic but you have access to a kitchen area was around £15 a night last time I was there.
    He’s a very interesting guy, ex mountain reacue, he loves a chat and a drink.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Betws Y Coed; where to stay content’ is closed to new replies.