• This topic has 54 replies, 35 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by hols2.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)
  • Better call Saul (now with spoilers)
  • ThePilot
    Free Member

Finale for me next Tuesday. Am super excited about it after last night’s episode.
    Anyone else watching?
    Oh, and according to t’internet, there’s going to be a series three 😀

Drac
    jaffejoffer
    Free Member

Bloody loving it. Sad knowing it can’t go on forever tho!

Unless they do a ‘post’ breaking bad version…

karlp
    Free Member

Overly slow imho.
    Fan of investment in characters & story but…nothing much happening week on week.
    Big fan of series 1 and BB but think they have fallen into a slumber with series 2.
    However will continue to watch, and yes, hoping for more dovetailing into BB characters & plot e.g. Mike’s journey to working for Gustavo Fring. That alone would be worth the perseverance!

loddrik
    Free Member

The one-take drone cam opening shot of last weeks episode ‘Fifi’ was **** brilliant!

seosamh77
    Free Member

I think it’s brilliant.

If people think it’s slow, I reckon you’ll probably be better of watching transformers or something. It’s bloody superb!

seanthesheap
    Free Member

Susie and i are enjoying it too, we both said pretty much the same as Drac ^^ up there, loving the Mike story going on.

Drac

I thought series 2 wasn’t as slow as 1. It’s one big story as opposed a little one each week.

ThePilot
    Free Member

I’m the same, I prefer 2 to 1, even though I thought 1 was fantastic.
    Agree about the opening sequence to fifi too, left mw grinning like a Cheshire cat.
    Mike is a brilliant character but i love watching jimmy’s development too.
    All in all, I’m a big fan!

poisonspider
    Free Member

I echo above sentiments.

It’s prompted me to have another crack at BB.

Watched the first one and a half series and gave up but I’m now half way through series 5

The kids do complain that ‘nothing’s happening’ though 🙄

headfirst
    Free Member

So, I see from a news article that another key BB character makes an appearance at the end of Series 2. As someone who stopped watching the first series after 3 or 4 episodes as it was just too slow, will I miss much if I jump in at the beginning of Series 2?

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

we’ve given up with season 2. Got bored . Although Mike was about to be introduced to Tuco. Should we try agin…?

lowey

Brilliant story building and really well directed too I thought.

The finale left both main plots hanging gloriously.

Cant wait for the next season.

lowey

we’ve given up with season 2. Got bored

See thats what I think is brilliant about Gilligan. He is telling a story, not plying quick thrills. You need to stick with them to get the full picture.

slimjim78
    Free Member

Amazing just how different opinions can be. For us, the camera work, acting and dialogue, and slow burn tension/will he/won’t he moments are a bone fide winning combination.
    I physically laugh at some of the jokes/scenarios that Jimmy gets into, and I very rarely laugh at the stupid telly!
    It’s utterly brilliant TV.
    Deserves Grammys, none more so than Bob Odenkirk.

Cougar

The camera work was one of the (many) best things about Breaking Bad IMHO. It’s beautifully shot, really creative.

Really must get back into Saul, we got sidetracked half a dozen eps or so into it.

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

i loved this season as much as the last, but that was a bobbins finale.

also i really hate Chuck.

wrecker
    Free Member

also i really hate Chuck.

Me too. The thing is, Chuck hasn’t done anything wrong. We are all just rooting for the likeable Jimmy who is in actual fact plainly dishonest.
    Clever stuff from Gilligan.

prezet
    Free Member

I think that’s the thing – we’re meant to hate Chuck, he so’s ‘by the book’ that you end up loving Jimmy even more. Plus Jimmy is definitely punching above his weight with Kim.

ninfan
    Free Member

For us, the camera work, acting and dialogue, and slow burn tension/will he/won’t he moments are a bone fide winning combination.

Agreed, the level of detail and tension built into the sniper scene with Mike was genius, no film or other series could have built that in the same way

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Kim Wexler. That’s all I’m sayin’…

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Yeah agreed the camera work is just brilliant. ‘Bored’ perhaps a little strong , ‘sidetracked’ is a better word ( by Walking Dead )

Breaking Bad was /is my favorite ever series so should give BCC another go!

munro
    Free Member

I was shouting at the screen following the denouement of the last episode. The sibling rivalry thing is so insidious and slow burning it makes me stress out for 50 minutes a week.
    I’m loving S2 whereas 1 was a bit vanilla.

lowey

So who do you think the note was from ?

My money is on Gustavo Fring. Still cant see any glimmer of what turns Jimmy into Saul.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

So, I see from a news article that another key BB character makes an appearance at the end of Series 2.

(not really a spoiler?)

If they did introduce another key BB character it was very subtle – I’m assuming it was whoever put the note out for Mike? So you won’t actually find out who it is until some point in the first episodes of S3

munro
    Free Member

Saul will be “born” out of the aftermath of the last Jimmy/Chuck conversation? (Jimmy making Chuck feel better) Won’t end well.

wrecker
    Free Member

Breaking Bad was /is my favorite ever series so should give BCC another go!

Me too, but there were plenty of slow episodes, even periods in that series too. All the best ones do it before it all collides.
    I’m in no rush to see Saul born yet, I’m enjoying the ride. Mike is such a great character.

slimjim78
    Free Member

Agreed, I’m enjoying every minute of Jimmys journey. The sibling rivalry and Jimmys obvious admiration and love for Chuck is just heart wrenching.
    I’m left wanting Chuck just to open up for one moment and cut Jimmy an ounce of slack, but it’s never going to come is it. Mothers final words sealed that.
    The genius is the tragedy of it all. I know what’s ultimately coming to Jimmy, but I’m still completely routing for good fortune for him!

Was trying to work out how many more seasons would be possible based on timeline – I don’t want it to end!

OrmanCheep
    Free Member

So, I see from a news article that another key BB character makes an appearance at the end of Series 2.

The first letter of the names of each episode is an anagram that should give you a clue.

Pook

Guess who’s back, back again

munro
    Free Member

Shady? Tell a friend?

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

cool i loved scagrbifnk!

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

Still cant see any glimmer of what turns Jimmy into Saul.

hes just been recorded admitting a felony. id imagine he’ll do time for or at least be discredited enough to change his name and rely on crooks with no better alternative to keep him busy…?

prezet
    Free Member

Would be interesting if he goes inside and starts his legal career again while incarcerated… maybe that’s how he gets to know so many criminals.

However, if his brother does grass on him Jimmy will likely be disbarred.

wrecker
    Free Member

However, if his brother does grass on him Jimmy will likely be disbarred.

Jimmy McGill might be, but what about Saul Goodman?

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Guess who’s back, back again

muggomagic

I was sure we would see Gus Fring after the note on Mike’s window. Hopefully he’ll make an appearance in season 3.

arrpee
    Free Member

Enjoyed series 2 more than 1, which initially seemed overly concerned with laying a new Easter egg for BB fans every week (not that it wasn’t fun).

For me, the biggest looming tragedy is knowing that, somehow, at some point, he’s going to lose Kim. Having said that, their relationship is only just believable. However, this is arguably in keeping with BB tradition of implausible on-screen relationships (see Hank and Marie – what on Earth was going on there?).

Ahhh, Hank. Now there’s a character I’d like to see again.

revs1972
    Free Member

Should be an interesting story development with Chucks evidence of Jimmys confession.
    Can’t see how Saul could do TV commercials in BB as its still in Albuquerque and he would be recognised.
    My money’s on he gives the tape to Kim and tells her to do the right thing. She then leaves after giving her client back to Chuck and destroys the tape.

Drac

Manage to catch up after a hectic week at work.

Another great episode a build up even more of Mike and a great cliffhanger.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Better call Saul (now with spoilers)’ is closed to new replies.