Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • BETD, SILVERFISH and YETI Warranty experience – read on…
  • bunnerscj
    Free Member

Hi all,
    Split my Yeti Big Top frame which was still in warranty. purchased Dec 2010, built Feb 2011, crack developed 15th Oct 2011. 😡

BETD contacted who were original supplier same day who requested photos by email. Sent those and then was asked to send the frame to Silverfish. Didnt have a tool for the new CK headset to remove so frame sent on 19th Oct to BETD to remove headset and send on to Silverfish. 😯

Frame received and replaced by Silverfish the following week, worried that a new frame would be hard to come by as new Yeti Importer but they had a nice new 2012 Big Top in stock. Frame changed from 2011 to 2012 with inset headset. Silverfish agreed to swap the headsets, frame set back to BETD to fit the headset who also supplied Heli-tape to re-cover as origianl frame helitaped by me from new.

All done within 3 weeks..day to day. Total cost for me – £21.00 to return the damaged frame. Now have a nice new 2012 Bigtop in BLACK, new CK headset and lots of helitape. 😆

I think there are users on here from Silverfish and perhaps BETD – Just wanted to say a massive thanks for great communication and a great service from all.
    Thanks Guys,Girls at BETD and Silverfish.

handyman
    Free Member

I love a happy ending me

M6TTF
    Free Member

Top marks, now that’s great customer service

rOcKeTdOg

shocking lack of pictures of new bike, 50 points away from your House

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

Thanks Bunnerscj.

It’s great to receive some positive feedback so thanks for taking the effort.

Enjoy your new BT!

Cheers

Richie

morgs
    Free Member

shocking lack of pictures of new bike, 50 points away from your House

this. it’s a great time of year to slag off gardens as well!

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

that’s outrageous, I’m disgusted, bloody typical, burn the….

…er, oh.

Top result.

honourablegeorge

Bought a frame in December, and didn’t build it until February?

I’d go insane. I’d be in and out of the shed all day, looking at it.

charliemort

yes

cracked my original 575 years ago, by upper shock mount

dropped off at Bromley Bike, bike stripped and completely rebuilt on new front triangle with new gear cables in 3 days, with black ano upgrade

cost to me – nada, nichts, rien du tout, booger all

FraserCook

I also have nothing but great things to say about Yeti and Silverfish.
    full saga over on bikeMagic with photos
    http://bikemagic.com/forums/showthread.php?105235-Yeti-575-broken-carbon-rear-triangle/page5

Less then three days from Silverfish knowing details till retrofit new part sent out under warranty. Thanks alot. Just back from being overseas, lets get in the hills. in fact what am i doing on internet, i have a Yeti that needs wheels and crankset fitted, before getting it nice and muddy!

crazy-legs

I’ve always had really good service from Silverfish as well, top bunch of people.

Superficial
    Free Member

I’m still waiting for my brand new frame to come from Silverfish. So it’s slightly irksome that you’ve been able to get a warranty replacement so quickly. Never mind – Patience…

Good to know that the warranty department is good to deal with, though.

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

Which frame super? I’ll stick my head in the warranty dungeon and see what’s going on.

twohats
    Free Member

Bought a frame in December, and didn’t build it until February?

I’d go insane. I’d be in and out of the shed all day, looking at it.

Shed! Are you mad? It’d be in the house, more so, the living room…

bunnerscj
    Free Member

Got a call from BETD today making sure I received the frame, 2nd Yeti I have purchased through them….and they come with a free CK Headset (some models) – Cheers Kev @ BETD

I’ve been in the living room tonight !
    🙄

billyboy
    Free Member

Why aren’t Silverfish refunding you the £21 postage?

Well…it was such a happy clappy post I had to introduce a bit of a damper to it……….

…………and why did the frame break anyway? Didn’t you pay enough for it? mutter mutter mutter

soulwood
    Free Member

billyboy: I have learned that money does not represent strength.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘BETD, SILVERFISH and YETI Warranty experience – read on…’ is closed to new replies.