• This topic has 52 replies, 46 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by sbob.
Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Bestest fromage ever? I know it's subjective but….
  • timidwheeler

Wensleydale, Shropshire blue, Cheddar and Stilton.

BigJohn

I’m currently nibbling a bit of Roquefort and sipping a Sauternes. Lovely.

And although I’m allergic to “with” I used to love a Torta di Dolcelatte which is layers of dolcelatte with marscapone..

lilchris
    Free Member

Klunk
    Free Member

best cheese is all about the moment, a run of the mill cheddar allowed to sweat in a warm cabin all day eaten on fresh crusty bread with a lovely glass of chianti watching the sun going down over Horsey Mere, Heaven !

Kit
    Free Member
    AdamW
    Free Member

Depends on my mood. For a blue cheese Roquefort is hard to beat.

For a hard UK cheese I’m an very fond of Black Bomber or the Wookie Hole cheddar.

I had a nice Camembert baked on Christmas Day. With crudités. Got HWMBO (He Who Must Be Obeyed) some cheddar with whisky in from Aldi and he says it is nice but sweet. Bleugh.

aP
    Free Member

Single Gloucester
    Sage Derby
    Real Manchego

mogrim

Cant believe a few have selected Manchego – it’s the beige of cheeses.

No, it’s not – you’ve just tasted the crap end of the market. A bit like dismissing “cheddar” after eating an Irish mild rubber type…

BigJohn

Didn’t Gareth Bale go to Real Manchego?

scotroutes

Another Manchego fan here.

plumslikerocks
    Free Member

Didn’t misread after all…..

JulianA
    Free Member

St Nectaire… Not the best ever, probably, but nice and pungent. Really enjoyed the Steak Roquefort I had in the St James pub / restaurant in Spa the other day – so Roquefort has to be up there for me.

Good Stilton, Brie and Camembert always goes down well. Especially with port.

sbob
    Free Member

I really can’t understand how people can enjoy Roquefort; to me it tastes like battery acid (I speak from unpleasant experince).
    Much the same with wasabi, which provides an identical experience with having deoderant sprayed into your mouth.

I’m going to go with (the probably unpopular vote for) Cheddar.
    It’s so versatile and there are some incredible variations (Scruttock’s Old Derigible 4yr old for example).
    Comte comes a close second mind.

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Bestest fromage ever? I know it's subjective but….’ is closed to new replies.