Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Bestard footwear
  • YoKaiser
    Free Member

Has anyone any experience with Bestard boots? For hill walking and such. There would appear to be some bargain prices out there but also that they always seem to be on sale too.

footflaps

I assumed it was one of Sport Pursuits own brands, hence always on 50% sale…

ross980
    Free Member

Oh, Bestard…
    I’d echo above. Assumed they were an SP own brand as never seen them anywhere else.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

I’d also thought this but I do seem to recall seeing them in a shop in Austria perhaps. But ye, they do appear to be on there all the time.

smiffy

I have the Breithon one-piece boots and they seem better made than the Zamberlans I had before, I have a pair of their shoes that I pretty much live in. Brecon Beacons.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

It was the Breithorns that I was mainly looking at. I’ve managed to find one blogspot review which was positive, written by a mountain biker too rather than a hill walker. Reading the blurb it looks like they may be okay to use with a C1 crampon. Any experience with crampons smiffy?

only1mikey

I took a punt on a pair of Breithorn Pro’s 5 years ago for hillwalking in the Peak. Only tend to wear them in the winter months or in slop as prefer non-membrane approach shoe style when I can. Still holding up strong with no workmanship issues. I rate them. Very well made, on a par with my wife’s Hanwag boots. Bestard aren’t a SP own brand (family business in Mallorca) – they just don’t seem to have much of a UK presence. They have their own website so you could check there on C1 crampon suitability or email them.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.