Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Best XT 1×11 deals, and some other drive-train questions?
  • krixmeister

I’m a total ignoramus when it comes to all the various drive-train standards, so bear with me. I’d like to upgrade to 1×11 – probably XT – with 11-42 cassette on my bike whose current 2×10 SRAM X0 drivetrain has finally died.

First question – any sites with good deals going on shifters/derailleur/cassette?

Next questions:
    * Rear wheel is DT Swiss 240s hub – do I need to change the freehub mechanism to support XT 11 speed cassette?
    * Cranks are SRAM X0 GXP – I’m hoping to continue using them with a AbsoluteBlack chainring – but there’s a possibility the bottom bracket is hosed. If so, I might just switch to Shimano cranks as well – any good deals on those (combined with question above)?

steve_b77
    Free Member

Hub will be fine as the 11 speed XT cassette fits on a normal driver.

As for the rest, try HERE and all will be revealed

krixmeister

steve_b77 – thanks for the very helpful tip on the hub, and the less helpful one on which current groupset deals currently around.

FYI – when sending LMGTFY links, it’s usually considered best practice to include a helpful search term.

🙂

DT78
    Free Member

Generally merlin are Amongst the he cheapest

Gaz6r4
    Free Member

I paid £47 for a GS mech from CRC with a £5 off discount code I got on here a few days ago which I thought was a reasonable deal.

Still in the market for a cassette and shifter myself.

hanchurch
    Free Member

I ordered my 11 speed kit yesterday, xt cassette, chain and mech and Xtr shifter for £196.96 from Evans, that’s as cheap as I could find it outside China. Click and collect picking it up tomorrow.

momo

I bought XT cassette, mech and i-spec b shifter from evans, £152ish and a lmc chain from CRC for £15.99.

No difference in price between CRC and Evans, but Evans had the shifter in stock CRC didn’t.

dessie72

Leisure Lakes Bikes in Daventry have bought a bulk load of XT Groupsets in which they are doing a deal on I think.

scotroutes

Winstanleys were doing 1x XT kits for about £160 last time I looked. Also, check the Germans

momo

dessie72 – Member
    Leisure Lakes Bikes in Daventry have bought a bulk load of XT Groupsets in which they are doing a deal on I think.

£499 on leisure lakes, £379 on merlin, I’ve never known LL to be cheap for anything!

noytheboy
    Free Member

LL price includes rotors and mounts which Merlin do not include.

scotroutes

FWIW, the OP wasn’t looking for complete groupsets anyway.

any sites with good deals going on shifters/derailleur/cassette?

simonr2011
    Free Member

Good prices at Ribble also a 10% off offer on Shimano parts running at the moment. Might not be able to get the full kit here but still worth it.

Goldigger
    Free Member

scotroutes – Member
    Winstanleys were doing 1x XT kits for about £160 last time I looked. Also, check the Germans

I enquired into winstanleys kit for £150.. Only comes with a long cage mech, no ispec options on the shifters..

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Best XT 1×11 deals, and some other drive-train questions?’ is closed to new replies.