Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Best XC race fork?
  • giant1
    Free Member

Any advice on the best XC race fork (100mm) would be appreciated. Not looking to service it every month or 2 and don't want one that is like spaghetti.

njee20
    Free Member

2010 SID XX, have to wait a few months mind, and have £950.

Otherwise, a cheaper SID, may be able to pick up a 2009 SID World Cup cheap-ish.

dobo
    Free Member

**** me £950, what magical things does that fork do, and how much does it weigh?

sid race is a cheap reliable fork though

bowglie

The 100mm DT Swiss XMC might be an alternative to the SID (if you can find one at a good price!).

I've been running an XMC130 for over a year now and it's been great – stiff, tracks really well, light, well damped & reliable. It's definately not a 'sit back and relax' fork, but it's awesome when riding fast with a bit of weight over the bars – I'd imagine the 100mm has the same 'racey' feel.

edit p.s. quick surf just found DT's for £581 at Wiggle.

RealMan
    Free Member

Fox f series?

Offroading
    Free Member

£950!? Is that the UK RRP on the XX Sid ? **** me – im picking mine up for substanially less.

I'll have a SID Team for sale fairly soon. 2009 spec version.

MisterT

Magura Durin Race… fantastic race forks. light, rigid and low service costs/effort.

molgrips
    Free Member

Another vote for the DT race model here. I've got a Pace RC39 (same thinkg mostly) andf it's really nice. And reliable 🙂

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

09 Reba race good fork 100mm travel and won't break the bank 🙂

njee20
    Free Member

The XRC 100 Race LTD is about the same price as the SID XX, it's not that surprising. Don't get me wrong, I'm not queuing up to give RS my money though!

A quick Google search showed the first place I looked was just over $1100, so that's less than £700 shipped already!

rolfharris
    Free Member

There is only really one fork that's all over the race circuit this season, and that's the new SID. I run the Race model which cost me £300 and it's brilliant. I don't run the bar lockout because I have a full susser, but the action is good, adjustability useable and it's been very reliable.

I also like Fox, but the performance on these is almost as good while being quite a bit lighter. Don't see the point in stretching to the WC model over the Team, but am very happy with the Race. I can't recommend Durins, though- from mate's experiences they seem unreliable.

http://www.merlincycles.co.uk/marzocchi-and-rockshox-suspension-forks/rockshox-suspension-forks/rockshox-sid-race-2009.html

tazzymtb

manitou R7 MRD's http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/components/forks-suspension/product/r-seven-mrd-absolute-31227

on the front of lots of pro racers in it's most bling form, mine have been amazing for xc racing and enduros and only 2.8lbs!

njee20
    Free Member

Could you ride a product called an 'arse-heaven' though!?

I don't run the bar lockout because I have a full susser

What's that got to do with anything? Genuinely curious…

tazzymtb

in response to njee….Yes 'cos it makes me think of kylie, tight, perky and spending a few hours riding is a pleasure:)

Offroading
    Free Member

Doesn't the DT limited thingy use 28mm stancions though and the Magura has no lockout damper = bouncy ride ? Fox, well it's a Fox so lets not even bother with that.

Sid XX – 32mm stancions, lockout and under 1.4kg gets my vote. But not at UK prices though i'll stick with buying from the US me thinks.

njee20
    Free Member

The Maguras do look good, but I know people who've had problem with the double arch clogging badly in muddy conditions. Small point mind.

Crell
    Free Member

SID WC / Team
    Durin SL (not recalled) / Race (were recalled)

The SL's are a weight weenie choice while still being incredibly stiff. Limited adjustability though (if that's important).

SID Team, and Durin Race are the best choice if you don't want to spend too much.

Just fitting some SID WC's 🙂

tomh
    Free Member

Has to be Magura Durin Race, but SID's arnt bad either

topangarider
    Free Member

Another vote for the Mag Durins – and you could get them to colour match if thats your bag, baby.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Best XC race fork?’ is closed to new replies.