Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Best workstand
  • dinosaurpoo
    Free Member

I need to purchase a good quality workstand that can fold away and that can accommodate a variety of machines, from junior’s bike to my road bike or carbon full sus.

It is going to be abused at races, wet, mucky and probably a bit neglected, so needs to be tough.

Any recommendations?

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Feedback, obviously.

Tripod base makes it nice and stable – unlike a lot of the Y type ones.

clamp on the top ones is excellent.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Park tools – had mine for 5 years now and although its heavy its bomb proof. PRS-15 – not cheap mind you 🙂

dinosaurpoo
    Free Member

anyone tried park prs 20 or 21? i think its one of them or the feedback stand at the moment.

windowshopper
    Free Member

I like this one, though I haven’t tried it with the kids bikes.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Yeah – I looked t that but mine doesn’t go out he garage so that might suit you better as its more portable – I wouldn’t get it for my garage as I have limited space as it is.

v8ninety

Anyone tried the x tools one? A workstand is on my Christmas list and I don’t want to end up with a pup…

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Both the revolution and the x-tools stand have the same Y base as the Minoura RS5000, which is more expensive and has a better clamp.

The Minoura is ok for lightweight work only – the base is not stable enough and will tip over easily, for example if you take one of the wheels off the bike.

If you put weighty sand bags over the legs it might be ok.

I had a cheaper stand and junked it for a Minoura. I then gave the Minoura away and bought a Feedback – I should have bought the Feedback in the first place instead of wasting money on the other stands.

martinm116
    Free Member

I got one of these these last year from merlin. Been ok for me, only do basic stuff with it though, seems stable enough.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

that merlin one has the same Y base as the X-tools and revolution one.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Best workstand’ is closed to new replies.