Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Best winter gloves ever!
  • Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Glacier gloves perfect curve. Bloody hell, these are cracking. Was up Skiddaw yesterday, by the time we got to the summit it was really cold due to the wind chill, fingers were numb in the endura gloves. I remembered the glaciers were in my dakine, put them on.

By the time we’d descended down onto longside edge, my fingers were getting that sore feeling due to warming up, 5 minutes later they were toastie!. Not for use anything above about 2 deg I’d say, as you’d sweat like a 70’s DJ, but once it’s cold, they’re bloody brilliant.

I got mine from eBay US, but 2 pure have become the UK distributor, so should be available shortly, if not already.

frogstomp

Look similar to my Castelli road gloves.. kept your hands warm but didn’t really have enough grip for anything more than XC on the mountain bike. How are these for grip?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Good, was hanging on like a madman at some of the steep sections off of Ullock.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    FOG

I couldn’t help but notice they are $44.99 in the States but £40.49 here. Surely the exchange rate isn’t that terrible? Even taking into account shipping costs the importers must be making an additional mark-up

superfli
    Free Member

They look similar to the Answer Strike That I just bought to replace my holey Fox AntiFreeze (they were not warm enough either).

Used the Answers on Wed night for the first time and they were lovely. My hands suffer, so not sure how they would be below 0C, but a lot warmer than the old Fox AF.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I got mine from eBay US for about 28 quid delivered.

trail_rat
    Free Member

No fog , they are doing it for free while driving round in their ferarris off your profits on the gloves

Alternatively the tax man. Takes a fair chunk and it has to be worth him bring them over 🙂

If you get hit with the tax and the 13 quid handling fee from royal mail then your loosing your saving.

pedalhead
    Free Member

Awesome, received my Glacier Gloves the other day but haven’t used them in anger yet. Good to hear they do the job.

richen987
    Free Member

These look good as I suffer terribly fro cold hands, does anyone k now wher you canbuy them from, google only brings up amazon and they have no stock?

simonr2011
    Free Member

I have a pair of Bontrager RXL Sofshell . Warm enough and not too thick.Although they are waterproof I will probably give them a spray treatment for good measure ( better safe than sorry and all that)

And got them off here for a good price too 🙂

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Richen987, if your lbs sells 2pure stuff, they can order them in.

richen987
    Free Member

Cheers will ask them if they stock from them.

timnwild

Found them here – funny how building trade/service industry supplier are always better value for this stuff – this is from window cleaning supply site:

http://www.windowcleancentre.co.uk/productdetails.aspx?ProductID=165

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Best winter gloves ever!’ is closed to new replies.