Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Best / Weirdest thing that you’ve ever swapped for bike parts
  • Harry_the_Spider

I’ve just traded some part worn brake pads for a risotto recipe from a professional chef.

control67
    Free Member

I swapped a load of Marvel UK’s Overkill comic for a rough but complete Mongoose Decade BMX in the mid 90s, I later swapped the ‘goose For a guitar cable.

Just don’t ask how much a decent decade goes for now.

transporter13
    Free Member

I once swapped a spesh rockhopper (97-97 light blue?) for an rs turbo because the owner couldn’t afford to run it to work and back and wanted something quick. All it needed was a manifold gasket and a pair of front shocks to finish it properly…. Ended up buying the bike back off him a couple of years later 😂

misteralz
    Free Member

I swapped a yellow Colour Concept GTI for a pair of Halo wheels, some Rock Shox Toras, and a pair of Avid Juicys. I’ve still got them whereas the GTI got scrapped YEARS ago.

kula72
    Free Member

A big bag of zx spectrum games for a GT performer. Accidentally gave away the tapes with my own half-finished games on it. Bike turned out to be hot. Teen me was an idiot.

daern
    Free Member

Do repairs count?

Currently repairing an Intense (see “Mechanics Assemble!” thread nearby). In return, I shall get a new shed base built to replace the shonky pile of crap that my old shed was precariously balanced upon, such that its replacement will stand much more solidly! I’m pleased with the deal, but financially it’s probably a bit insane, given the number of hours I will have spent on this f^%*king bike 🙂

nbt

I swapped a reasonably new laptop for a brand new Cotic Soul frame and a pair of Pace forks from Cy

Watty

I swapped a year old Cube Attain GTC pro disc for an American Special Fender Telecaster and two hundred quid. I love my Tele 😍

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Quite often swapped bike parts for alcohol.

darthpunk
    Free Member

I swapped a Mexican Fender telecaster and a carlsboro amp for a GT Zaskar frame and some new bits – bike got built, used for a year then stolen.

Now, all I want is that Fender back

It was swapped to a guy who ran a bike shop in Wolverhapton, had an ad in MBUK actually asking for guitars in trade.

trailwagger
    Free Member

I’ve just traded some part worn brake pads for a risotto recipe from a professional chef.

You’ve been done over…. there’s load of professional chef recipes on the internet for free!!

PiknMix
    Free Member

In the 90’s I swapped a gold coloured ring (definitely not real gold) that someone gave me, for an M950 XTR rear mech that I still use on my commuter.

andycs

Swapped a Hutch Tim Judge replica bmx (possibly the only one in country at the time) for a Morris Marina with a dodgy clutch.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Steve Peat gave me four cans of Stella Cidre for working on his bike at a national DH round. I can’t remember what I did to earn the booze but it was appreciated.

captainclunkz
    Free Member

I swapped my old DMR 898 jump bike for a jet ski while living in NZ. Drowned the jet ski after a week

Harry_the_Spider

IIRC Brant once gave an inner tube to John Tomac and got a signed helmet (fnarrr) in return.

Marin
    Free Member

Days bricklaying and help lifting RSJ’s into place for a Marin nailtrail frame wheels and rigid fork two weeks ago.

jamj1974

It was swapped to a guy who ran a bike shop in Wolverhapton, had an ad in MBUK actually asking for guitars in trade.

Dennis at MacClaines…?

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Best / Weirdest thing that you’ve ever swapped for bike parts’ is closed to new replies.