Best way to lock bike with d lock…..
If you only intend to use one d-lock then put it through rear triangle, wheel rim, and the post you are locking it to.
Consider at least using a cable to go to your front wheel.
Oh and make sure the thing you are locking to is firmly attached to the ground and a scrote can’t just lift the bike off it.Posted 3 years agosuperdonMember
Sorry, another newbie question.
I have a Voodoo Bizango…
…and a Onguard Pitbull DT d lock….
….how’s best to lock the bike up? The way I thought of won’t work because of the size of the wheels, but I probably have the wrong end of the stick.
Any ideas would be appreciated.
CheersPosted 3 years agotomasoSubscriber
1. Immovable steel object (not a sign post that you can take the sign off and just lift the bike up and off) – Sheffield stand or steel railings etc.
2. Lock through frame and at least one wheel
3. Try to fill all the space in the shackle
4. Put the U-shaped end of the shackle against your frame – so that if they try and force/pop the lock all the stress goes on the frame and this deters thieves from stealing your bike using this method as it makes it worthless.
4. Get a cable lock to secure front wheel and other parts.
5. Avoid parking your bike in the same location.
Oh and take a note of frame numbers and get it securoty marked by the Police.Posted 3 years agotmb467Subscriber
and by ‘immovable’ do not trust that others have made it immovable
my bike went on Sunday due to bad fitting of a Sheffield stand and a faulty magnetic lock on a shared door
the chain and the D-lock were still attached, so neither wheel could be moved and the forks couldnt be detached from the frame…didnt stop em unbolting the sheffield stand from the concrete floor thoPosted 3 years agoedlongMember
If you’ve not got a second lock or cable for the front wheel, depending on whether your lock’s long enough, consider taking the front wheel off and locking it alongside the frame / back wheel.
It’s a bit of a faff, and I used to do it, but stopped at some point as couldn’t be bothered. I lost a front wheel a few weeks ago from an otherwise securely locked bike, which was considerably more of a faff…Posted 3 years ago
The topic ‘Best way to lock bike with d lock…..’ is closed to new replies.