Best way to find out my Patriot frame's 2nd hand value?

Home Forum Bike Forum Best way to find out my Patriot frame's 2nd hand value?

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Best way to find out my Patriot frame's 2nd hand value?
  • Premier Icon ddmonkey
    Subscriber

Asking on STW but giving a bit more detail… year, size, condition, etc.

wl

Fair point dd – wasn’t sure if that was the done thing tho. Anyway, 2008, medium size, decent nick (some cosmetic scuffs etc), maxle rear, powder blue, second bike so not used as much as you’d expect for a 5-year-old bike, never raced or jumped. Probably fitted with a Manitou Swinger 3-way, tho might do a CCDB option for extra dosh.

From what I’ve seen the Patriot seems to go for around £100 less then the 5 so working on that I’d expect to get around £400 for a 2008. Could be wrong though.

The best way to find out the value is to ebay it. It’ll go for what people are willing to pay.

Premier Icon ddmonkey
    Subscriber

I’d go for 50% new cost and see if you get any interest from there, I think you’d get a lot more interest with the CCBD than the Manitou shock.

I struggled to sell a 2006 Patriot frame in fairly good nick with the Manitou shock a year ago I got a bit under 400 for it in the end.

Probably easier to sell with the CCDB, manitou are crap with respect to spares, IIRC unless TF have kept stock they can’t get service items 3 years after production stops. That aloone would put me off a 5yr old bike with a manitou shock regardless of price as I’d be accoutning for spending £300 on a new shock within a year anyway.

If it was a large I’d have been tempted.

wl

Thanks for this info – it’s a good starting point. Fair point re CCDB – I’d adjust the price accordingly. It’s a great frame. If I do decide to replace it, it will only be with another single-pivot Orange, this time an Alpine 160.

wl

thisisnotaspoon – got a good friend selling a large (orange colour, maxle rear I think, decent nick again, think it’s got a 4-way Swinger but a newer one and little used). Let me know on here if you’re interested.

clubber

Easiest way – stick on ebay and see what it sells for – question answered 🙂

Premier Icon ddmonkey
    Subscriber

These frames are outrageous value second hand. Bomb proof and great fun.

hora

For a 2008 I’d say £400. If its an old shock less IMO.

For an older Patriot (older than 08) I’d say £200-300 if an older shock.

Someone put a 08 one for £650 in the classifieds which I felt is ridiculous.

Great frames, I’ve just fitted a high-volume RP23 to my Patriot and its brilliant.

wl

As title, really. Thinking of selling – what’s the best way to find out how much I should ask for? Ta.

ndthornton

ebay completed listings

ebay price = frame value

shaggmiester

Wil, I got £180 for my frame without a shock on, and as you know, mine was the first ever 66 with two dents and in rather shite condition cosmetically, but was bombproof for me, loads of interest on pink bike and reckon I could have got a little bit more, stick yours on pink bike for maybe £500?

Blower

never mind Wl’s

buy my full bike 😀 😉

wl

Shagg – cheers, sensible suggestion, just need to decide once and for all whether I’m having an Alpine.
    Blower – thought yours would have gone, it’s a v nice bike, almost as nice as mine 😉

Hope to ride with you chaps again before long. Missed you/Dan on Saturday – I rode local but solo.

hora

Patriot = a cheaper Alpine. If I had to put a value on my patriot frame it’d be £800 in my head/to me. If I was to sell it it’d get less than half that 🙁

iolo

What weight is it?
    What’s the current rate for alu?
    Multiply together. That’s your low end.
    How much do you want for it. That’s your high end.
    Somewhere inbetween.

Let me know on here if you’re interested

Could be, depite throwing money at my Pitch I just can’t get it feeling quite how I wanted it to, I think it’s a wheelbase thing.

Anyone want a medium Pitch frame? LOCO tuned shock for a 90kg rider. Big and small volume air cans, and volume spacers. Priced as close to whatever wl’s mate wants for his frame!

shaggmiester

Yeah you need to get out with us, maybe do a big lakes ride, have you sold your five then? Or is the alpine to replace the patriot?

I listed my freshly resprayed 66 with a new rp23 shock and dropped the price to £500 but couldn’t shift it! 🙁

wl

thisisnotaspoon – if you’d like more info on that large Patriot, just email me at will at williamlake dot com and I’ll put you in touch with my mate.

Shagg – keeping my Five, it’s built up lightweight, tubeless and ace for massive local rides. Alpine will replace my Patriot, fitted out with my 55s and bigger wheels and tyres than the Five, ready for Lakes, Alps etc, plus silly days out with you lot 😉

shaggmiester

Shagg – keeping my Five, it’s built up lightweight, tubeless and ace for massive local rides. Alpine will replace my Patriot, fitted out with my 55s and bigger wheels and tyres than the Five, ready for Lakes, Alps etc, plus silly days out with you lot

Seems a good choice of bikes, a nice light five and a burly alpine.. sweet! Hope you get a fair price.. you too blower 😉

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Best way to find out my Patriot frame's 2nd hand value?’ is closed to new replies.