Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Best way to cook sea bass fillets?
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

Tonight’s main will be sea bass fillet served with cream and chive mashed potato with wilted spinach.

What’s the best way to cook the fish – pan fried, in the oven in foil with some butter?

Come on all you STW foodsters – tips please.

bobbyg81
    Free Member

Pan fried, skin side down first, in a little olive oil,butter. Season then turn when skin is crispy and finish with a good squeeze of lemon.

Im hungry now!

martinhutch

Same method, except with a little bit of lime and chilli instead of lemon.

Don’t forget a bit of salt and pepper on the fillets before you fry them.

lunge

Cook them pretty much all Tge way through skin side down then kill the heat, flip them and let then gently cook on the flesh side for a minute or 2. Lots of salt and pepper on the skin and a touch on the flesh.

fids
    Free Member

Have to say steaming keeps in all the flavour, did a whole seabass on the bone in a foil parcel last night with lemon sprinkled on it . Ace. Only takes about 30 minutes and no pans !

BigJohn

Whole bass, I usually bake in the oven with no foil on top.

All the above suggestions are fine. For variations, you can pop them under the grill, skin side down, after seasoning and putting a bit of butter on. Don’t leave them too long and don’t bother turning over.
    I sometimes fry a bit of finely chopped onion/shallot with some mushrooms in a lot of butter, add the fish then pop in a bit of white wine and reduce. If the mood takes you, add some cream or even some stock. Home made fish or chicken is best, but I have used a lamb stock cube when nothing else was available, and it was lovely.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Best way to cook sea bass fillets?’ is closed to new replies.