Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Best way to clean an oven?
  • jeffl

Right have a newish electric fan oven that needs it’s first clean. Got all the weird brown gunk over the door and a cursory wipe doesn’t seem to remove it. Ideally don’t want to use Mr Muscle or similar as it’s nasty stuff. Reading on t’interwebs people seem to recommend baking soda and vinegar paste, although others say it may scratch the glass.

Anyone got any recommendations. And yes my life is a non-stop roller-coaster ride 😉

Gary_C

The best way is this: ” Oi, woman, oven needs cleaning! “

IGMC

😉

Pay someone.

jeffl

@Gary_C – Attempted that, no joy unfortunately.

@TheArtist….. – Why spend the money on getting the oven cleaned when I could spend it on beer or bike bits?

Because we the wife has done it a couple of times, nearly (didn’t try hard enough) killed herself and it was still manky.

It’s a proper shit job, with proper nasty chemicals if its to be done proper like.

jeffl

Feel free to send her over if she wants another stab at it, so to speak 😉

rewski
    Free Member

Seriously have a look in your local rag, we got a guy round who sprayed it with some heavy duty cleaner, think mr muscle x20, it was in a right state but he left it clean as new, cost about £50 though. If you want to have a go yourself though try bi carb

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

There’s loads of cleaners available – you heat up the oven then spray them on. Did ours once and it came up really well with little effort.

ken_shields
    Free Member

+1 with the artist. Absolute ball ache of a job and due to the fact you can’t buy a decent cleaner in your average shop it’s still manky when you’re done

Sandwich

Old-fashioned hardware shop should have some kleen-off or similar. Stay away from the spray products, who thought it would be a good idea to spray strong alkali about in a domestic setting 🙄

j_me
    Free Member

+1 for pay someone.
    £40 to the oven valet man and its sparkling like new.

thejesmonddingo

I’ve used Oven Pride with good results,but you can’t beat getting a professional in.
    Ian

monkeychild
    Free Member

I use white vinegar with water to clean mine. It works a treat imho.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

To paraphrase PJ O’Rourke,

The best way to clean an oven is to move house.

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

+1 for pay someone.
    £40 to the oven valet man and its sparkling like new.

^^^^ +1

Horrible job, worth every penny to get it done by someone else. Think the bloke used a high pressure steam cleaner rather than nasty chemicals as well. Came up looking brand new.

Scamper
    Free Member

Pay someone?

Go to home bargins and for a few pound get Oven Magic or whatever its called. Poor half the contents in the bag provided and inside place the grill pan and steel racks and leave for a few hours. Use the rest to spread on the inside of the oven. All the gunge removes easily enough.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Best way to clean an oven?’ is closed to new replies.