Best way of getting someone up to speed with basic IT?

Home Forum Chat Forum Best way of getting someone up to speed with basic IT?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Best way of getting someone up to speed with basic IT?
  • Premier Icon mos
    Subscriber

I am wanting to get my other half into thw world of the PC for various reasons & was wondering what the best way was? Short course at local tech, learing from books? At present her it knowledge goes as far as internet explorer & even that regularly ends in disaster. It is my intention that eventually she may get involved in Sage Line 50 as well at work.

Premier Icon weeksy
    Subscriber

Depends how she learns really.

I got most of my knowledge through buying PCs etc and making them work, installing OS’s, Apps, games etc… .The upgrading components…

However other people sit in classrooms and get the better knowledge skills….

Premier Icon jam bo
    Subscriber

I am wanting to get my other half

does you ‘other half’ want to as well?

horse to water and all that…

Junkyard

local library will do a course probably
    Learn direct will as well – more flexible on times

College will as well

These are probably free initially

As noted does she want to learn?

Premier Icon mos
    Subscriber

She wants to get back into work once junior goes to school, so she understands that the IT mountain needs to be climbed.

Premier Icon somouk
    Subscriber

If it’s office based IT then she would probably do well to look into the like of CLAIT and IBT. Local colleges normally run them as night classes.

Travis

Friend of mine was out of it for years.
    Once he returned back to the UK, everything was foreign to him, eventually he enrolled in the local tech college for basic IT stuff, and now he’s very happy working around the pc.
    He even send me spread sheets of his skittles performance 😯

butcher

If there’s something specific, I find Youtube useful. Reading a book can be hard work at times, especially an IT book, as they describe technical processes which happen on your computer, only you’re not at your computer to see them, you’re sitting reading a book. And doing both is a pain. It’s like a collision of two violently different worlds. That’s probably how the Big Bang happened.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Best way of getting someone up to speed with basic IT?’ is closed to new replies.