• This topic has 48 replies, 33 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by tonyd.
Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Best waterbottle with mud/grit protection?
  • richardkennerley

The camelback mud cap fits on planet X bottles and they’re cheap as chips.

mashr

Fit is particularly good in King cages

Which shape though? There have been at least 3. First was good, middle didn’t want to be tied down to a relationship, new….?

ahsat

Which shape though? There have been at least 3. First was good, middle didn’t want to be tied down to a relationship, new….?

The middle Podium shape if that’s what you are referring to?

– First gen Rapha podiums only go on road with some Blackburn cages and have fallen out once down a very steep hill.
    – Second gen podiums used all the time on gravel and mtb, in both Blackburn and current gen King Cages (normal shaped ones!) and fit particularly well in the King Cage (so much so I am in the process of swapping all my cages!)
    – Third gen podiums only get used in the van and are generally annoying as I don’t like the slower flow valve.

ballsofcottonwool
    Free Member

another vote for Elite Fly MTB

BadlyWiredDog

Think the latest shape might be better?

This is new from Wiggle, so I’m guessing the latest shape. Looks like. It won’t even stay in the Bontrager cage made from old fishing nets which grips any other bottle like a hungry croc 🙁

BadlyWiredDog

– Second gen podiums used all the time on gravel and mtb, in both Blackburn and current gen King Cages (normal shaped ones!) and fit particularly well in the King Cage (so much so I am in the process of swapping all my cages!)

Sounds like a very expensive way of accommodating a water bottle 🙂

ahsat

Haha. Fair. But they look nice 😛

jonnyrockymountain

Fidlock all day long

tonyd

I’ve been using an Elite Corsa for the last 3-4 years, ride once a week average. It does the job and is still in one piece, although the bottle itself is barely recognisable due to wear / rubbing, and the lid hinge thing is wearing through.

Got a Camelbak Podium dirt a month ago and quite like it, although it does seem looser in the cage and the valve cover is a bit fiddly to put back on one handed.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Best waterbottle with mud/grit protection?’ is closed to new replies.