Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • best value short travel full sus……..
  • frankconway

if you have upto £2400 there are loads of bikes but, in my opinion, the one real head turner which i lust after but cannot justify is…..lapierre xr 729 29er in medium with electronic rear shock, weight 11kg; this is 2014 model having covered 330 miles at £2400 negotiable with full warranty – rrp is £4249, fantastic reviews; if i could justify another bike, i would buy this and wouldn’t be telling you about it.
    if you can’t find it on that well known online auction site, ask me and i’ll tell you where to find it.
    PS – i have no connection with the dealer; i’m just telling you that there are great deals out there and this one – to me – is the best deal i’ve ever seen.

mboy
    Free Member

IMO it’s a sign of the times that short travel, 29er full sus bikes, seem to be a difficult sell, therefore often end up getting heavily discounted so there can be a number of bargains out there in this category. Everyone seems to want more travel and 650b wheels right now, and everybody seems to have come away from the 12/24hr endurance thing somewhat and are buying longer travel, heavier bikes again.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

which is the opposite of what I’m seeing in a non british market where they are still selling well, perhaps the combination of electronic suspension (new probably blow up) and I’m not sure how well that one reviewed, seen built up but nobody was raving about it. Fairly normal time of year to be picking up silly bargains anyway as the 2014 stock needs gone and selling for anything more than a shop paid is better than nothing. Sounds like this is their demo bike which also explains the pricing – for comparison there is was an XL Bronson C XX1 with Enve upgrade going for 4k direct from SC and a couple of others http://www.santacruzbicycles.co.uk/demo_sale

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    JCL
    Free Member

Rode that Lapierre at Interbike. Interesting concept but it’s far too insensitive for me on small bump. It felt like a Brain equiped Specialized with the threshold at 70%. Another thing was the seatstays are so wide I clonked my heels on them pretty often and I’m not a crank arm scrubber. And the head angle was too steep even on those mellow canyon trails.

They look nice but I was really wondering how much input Nico has in those bikes?

I’d rather a Process 111, Camber Evo etc.

njee20
    Free Member

Lapierre aren’t known for their XC race bikes, which is their target market. Unproven technology, it’s a used bike. Doesn’t seem particularly exceptional…

bacondoublechee
    Free Member

I used to have an XR and it was a great bike. Very light but very fast downhill. No problems with the head angle or heel rub on mine. Also small bump was great on the non-EI version, but not much anti-squat so you had to use trail mode on climbs which is what the EI gets around.

jimjam
    Free Member

frankconway – Member
    lapierre xr 729 29er in medium with electronic rear shock, weight 11kg; this is 2014 model having covered 330 miles at £2400 negotiable with full warranty – rrp is £4249, fantastic reviews; if i could justify another bike, i would buy this and wouldn’t be telling you about it.
    if you can’t find it on that well known online auction site, ask me and i’ll tell you where to find it.
    PS – i have no connection with the dealer; i’m just telling you that there are great deals out there and this one – to me – is the best deal i’ve ever seen.

First off, it’s a carbon Lapierre. So it’ll snap. Or the bushings/bearing will wear out and wear into the frame, before it snaps. Then it’s E:i so it’ll shear gear teeth off the servo, or the battery will pack up. And at that point you’ll find that Fishers don’t warranty oem EI parts on bikes, only after market parts. And then you’ll find out that Hotlines don’t stock any either so they’ll have to send a letter via carrier sloth to France to beg Lapierre to send them one.

Then it’s most likely got Easton wheels, so after about 300 miles of use the freehub will pack in and you’ll not be able to find one, anywhere, except mail order from the states and it’ll £100. And that’ll be unwarrantable too since easton don’t “do” warranty. And are pretty much in distributor limbo hell.

Still looking like the best deal you’ve ever seen?

moshimonster
    Free Member

You’re not selling me on this one jimjam 😉

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘best value short travel full sus……..’ is closed to new replies.