• This topic has 16 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by bones.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Best value full MTB gloves?
  • t160man
    Free Member

What are the best value for money full MTB gloves on the market these days?

nach
    Free Member

I guess it depends on how long you want before they fall to bits. Royal and Thor gloves are lasting me much longer than 661s did.

stevedoc
    Free Member

Not %100 mtb gloves but I love my Oakley tactical gloves ,left over from my shooting days brilliant comfy and knuckles are well protected

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mactheknife

Ok, initially you may think i am joking but bear with me.

POC Index Air gloves at £30 – £40 without a doubt are the best value gloves out there. Now after you take a minute to wipe your coffee off the keyboard i will explain.

I have had the same pair for nearly 2 years. Multiple trips abroad, some trail building. Constant use and they are still going strong where many inferior gloves have died a horrible death. And i have worked my way through a few.

Initially they are pricey but they just won’t die. So there you go. Question answered 🙂

bigblackshed

I gave up on MTB gloves years ago. I know use BMX Bicycle Union gloves. My summer weight gloves are 6 years old. Last look they were £20 from Evans.

matt_outandabout

Start cycles Scott gloves.

£5-8 sees you right.

Candodavid
    Free Member

Poc gloves +1

Bregante

I’ve had the same pair of dakine covert gloves for 4 summers and they’re still going strong. You can pick up a pair off CRC for £20

northernmatt

I had a pair of Speed Stuff gloves from CRC in a sale, they cost £10 and lasted 2 years. Since got a pair of 661 for £10 which have lasted just short of 2 years. Recently (last 6 months or so) got a pair of Giro Xen which cost a mind boggling £35 and feel like they’ll last about 10 minutes, and a pair of TLD ones which feel indestructible. Time will tell on the last two.

DezB
    Free Member

matt_outandabout – Member
    Start cycles Scott gloves.
    £5-8 sees you right.

+1
    Talking value, can’t be beaten.

jam-bo

Ok, initially you may think i am joking but bear with me.
    POC Index Air gloves at £30 – £40 without a doubt are the best value gloves out there. Now after you take a minute to wipe your coffee off the keyboard i will explain.
    I have had the same pair for nearly 2 years. Multiple trips abroad, some trail building. Constant use and they are still going strong where many inferior gloves have died a horrible death. And i have worked my way through a few.
    Initially they are pricey but they just won’t die. So there you go. Question answered

Had mine for nearly four years. Still going strong.

devash
    Free Member

I use a pair of Specialized Lodown gloves unless its warm then I ride in mits. I think they were only £15 if I can remember and they’ve lasted a while, probably getting on a couple of years now.

nairnster
    Free Member

Dont get a pair of fox racing reflex gels. Pair have lasted 180 miles, with the fingers splitting down the sides.

Waiting on CRCs reply regarding this extremely short lifespan.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

My tld’s seem to last ages, dakine the same. Cost per ride negligible these days

rondo101
    Free Member

Another vote for TLD and Dakine longevity. Probably not as good as the POCs, but at half the price. TLD airs are my current favourites. I have some POC DH index from 2012 that are still ok, but the fabric is quite heavy and they’re too hot on warm days.

The giros fit nice but don’t last. The scotts from start are shit, poor fit and baggy palms. 661 rajis used to be good and for £10 from CRC were a good deal, but they changed the design and moved production to Thailand and suddenly the fit was horrendous. Fingers not long enough or palms too baggy.

TLDR; Yes, I buy a lot of gloves. Have been trying to find the perfect pair. Might have found them in TLD Airs.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I just prefer to have a lot, especially if you are away for a week or been doing some multi stage 4 day races so having spare dry gloves is nice.

New addition so can’t comment on longevity are the Fist ones, nice and colourful 🙂

bones
    Free Member

Not bike-specific, but check out Mechanix gloves. Can be had for around 15 quid, lots of options.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Best value full MTB gloves?’ is closed to new replies.