Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Best tubeless track pump
  • ready

Mine has just broken. What’s the go-to tubeless track pump at the moment, without breaking the bank?
    TIA!

iainc

I have been using a regular Joe Blow and a Schwalbe tyre booster cylinder and it works though a bit of a faff connecting the booster to the valve as it doesn’t swivel well. Just splashed out this week on a Topeak Booster, which CRC have on sale at £99 and I am very impressed with it so far. Much easier than the separate cylinder approach.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

trouble with a seperate cyclinder is there is some hysterisis of the pressure when pumping which can be annoying. And you end up leaving some air in the cylinder ready for when you next attach to a tyre.

CalamityJames
    Free Member

Good to know, I’m hovering over an Airshot so maybe I’ll just buy an all-in-one…

shermer75
    Free Member

I’ve got the Bontrager one, it works really well.

ready

Mine was a Bonty pump, and I’ve just found out my mates and my LBS have also just had theirs break too
    Not really used it a lot in the grand scheme of things, only to seat tubeless tyres after topping up sealant…

Northwind

I’ve not used it much but a mate has the truflo one and it seems excellent, and can be found for pretty good prices online, it’s what I’d get if I needed one.

(well OK, I converted a fire extinguisher. But if I wanted to buy one)

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Bought a screw fix £90 electric air compressor years ago. Seats tyres instantly 😊 I have a Giant brand track pump which must be 15 years old. Still going strong and accurate when I checked with digital pressure gauge. Buy a compressor. Tubeless is here to stay. All the workarounds aren’t as good IM HO and cost a lot aren’t as reliable. 150psi instant inflation awaits!

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Compressor is not so good at the trail head…

nickdavies

Joe blow mountain about the best IMO. Not expensive and it will seat most things really well. Normally fails with new dh maxxis tyres but even the lbs struggle with them with a compressor.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

I pump my tyres up before I leave home not at the trail 😂

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

With new tyres both mtb and road I unpack them maybe a week before I want to fit them. So they regain there shape on the floor of the garage. Compressor no fluid bang done. Seated. Valve out fluid in.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Best tubeless track pump’ is closed to new replies.