Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)
  • Best trance to train to
  • DezB
    Free Member

Hey, if the guy wants to listen to trance on his headphones while working out, let him. At least we won't have to hear it!
    Who was that Spanish DJ a few years ago who did trance cover versions – got in the charts – christ that was the pits!

Freezie
    Free Member

Someone mentioned them earlier – the EyeQ: 'Behind the Eye' compilations, they're always on ebay for a couple of quid, used to have quite a few of the 12"s around 1993/94 when 'proper' trance was at its peak, though that cygnus x orange theme track is a bit poor!! Harthouse, MFS, Fax+ labels also put out some v.good compilations.

What's labeled as trance these days is unbelievably dire.

Surfr
    Free Member

So what is Sashas recent stuff labeled as ? Airdrawndagger and Involver are both awesome, but I've no idea what pigeon hole I've got my ear to. I'm a newb to these (electronica) parts but absolutely loving the journey.

simply_oli_y
    Free Member

Above and beyond (anjuna beats) are pretty damn good.
    2 hour podcast every week from them,
    plus tiesto, armin van buuren, oakenfold and your away 😀

Nick

though that cygnus x orange theme track is a bit poor!!

try and find the album version, has a nice chuggy groove, which for trance is quite refreshing, it's not on Youtube though

this is though, great track on Harthouse/EyeQ

DDR

mcboo
    Free Member

Think trance must be marmite music, really leaves me cold. Had a huge lads night in a few years ago, one of the guys was massively into trance, we let him have his way for an hour or two but it really killed things. Someone put their foot down, slung on the great Global Underground 25 Deep Dish Toronto Disc 2……became the greatest bloody party I've ever been to. That record is burned on my brain forevermore. Prog house I guess you'd call it, just loads of lovely dirty funkness. Played it about 1000 times since.

<raises an eybrow at STW> I think some of you boys have been at it in the dim and distant past…..good times.

theflatboy
    Free Member

if you like that deep dish, and you haven't already, you have to get hold of yoshiesque 1 & 2, awesome deep dishage at its finest.

mcboo
    Free Member

I will do so, thanks.

I was in the army for most of the 90s so I missed all of this first time around. Maybe thats why I'm going out tonight…..

Futureboy
    Free Member

Futureboy – Member
    Having seen and heard Sasha many, many times from around 92/93 to 2005, there is no way that he could be considered as Trance.

all this recent talk of high calibre dance music got me to dig out my old sasha ibiza cd, an all time favourite. i expect you'd be interested to read the liner notes, including this gem, including a quote from the man (like) himself:

You'll find the finest moments from those two sets on these two CDs.
    Sasha's triumphant Space carnival is a multi-coloured mix painted with
    brush strokes of spacey deep house, sleek trance, whirring breakbeat
    and chic, nasty numbers that bang their way into a five star trance
    mania. "It's got an up flavour, a Summer flavour," Sasha explains
    later, back in the UK. "It really is a set. The first CD is deep,
    melodic house and builds up into a trance fest. The second side is
    darker. It pretty much sums up what I do as a DJ."

sums it up nicely, i'd say.

Still not buying it! 😯 Nothing like house/dance music to be nichetastic eh!

I'm with you though…this thread has made me dig out a few crackin mixes lately (including some of my own!). 😀

Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)

The topic ‘Best trance to train to’ is closed to new replies.