Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Best trail on Ranmore Common?
  • zippykona

Going for an explore of Ranmore.

Whats the best , swoopy, wheels on the ground trail and where is it please?

spacemonkey

I’m a fan of the steeper south facing side more so than the north. That old skool classic Retribution and the one up (Bird in the wire?) from Landrover are a hoot. The gnarlier trails near White Down still catch me out. I’m not ballsy enough those at full tilt in order to maximise the flow.

zippykona

Thanks, how do I find retribution?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    spacemonkey

Opposite White Down CP is a narrow bit of ST – take this 50yds or so through the shrubbage then turn right and head into the woods. Retribution is a minute or so from there.

You can also access it from the top of the White Down climb – you can see the trail just off the road.

Akers

Wire in the Blood is a cracker

16stonepig
    Free Member

I know Wire In The Blood – it’s awesome, but you won’t see it on Trailforks or Strava. I’m not sure which one Retribution is – where does it end up?

Sonor
    Free Member

I know Wire In The Blood – it’s awesome, but you won’t see it on Trailforks or Strava.

Its definitely on Strava.

Look for Swedish tanning team/ricin beans and Flinty badman. Flinty badman does have a jump on it near the beginning, but just walk over it.

The only thing you may not like is the slog along the fire roads to get back up to the top.

16stonepig
    Free Member

Its definitely on Strava.

Well yes, but for some reason you can’t find it by browsing the map. Which is fine by me.

tonyg2003

My personal favorites are Flinty Badman or Rumble in the Jungle. Lots of good trails around there though. A little further along Wonderwall and Wire in the Blood are good too.

deadkenny
    Free Member

🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Will say at least with Trailforks there’s some management and ability to keep sensitive trails off the radar, of which everything round there is.

Splash-man
    Free Member

Just popping in being nosy and bookmarking for a future day of investigation.

zippykona

Can someone post a dot on a map where retribution and wire in the blood start as I’m not finding them on strava. Ta x.

mahalo

i may be wrong but im assuming its Reformation not Retribution. i found reformation easy enough.

some good info here, have drawn up a route to try. did ride over to Ranmore once before from Micklham but it was a lot of plod for little reward so good to have a proper route to try. Mickleham area doesnt really cut it for me and slinging it down to Coldharbour (from Leatherhead) is a bit far for a quick blast…

deadkenny
    Free Member

Just in case, keep it to PMs, please don’t post locations on a public forum. The area is sensitive. Just my 2p.

mahalo

went last night; rode Reformation, landrover, wire in the blood, flinty, wee willie winkie then sacked it off missing out rip van winkle from my planned route… Redlands is definitely worth the extra 15mins.

maybe on another day, on another bike i might enjoy it more. my sentinel is completely the wrong bike for surrey full stop. that Landrover was probably my favourite, with that sketchy drop gap stepdown into berm bit! and flinty is quite nice but the hike back to civilisation from the bottom finished me off!

zippykona

Have been exploring for a while now , not sure if I’m missing the best bits.
    Anyone got a strava route I can compare with mine?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Best trail on Ranmore Common?’ is closed to new replies.