Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Best trail at Afan
  • bigtimebones
    Free Member

Heading over to Afan and Bike Park Wales this weekend but need some guidance on the best trail at Afan.

Please could STW suggest the best one for us to do?

We are all fairly skilled and fit doing reds and blacks normally. We also have a long drive before we get there so only an afternoon to fit in as much riding as possible.

Thanks in advance

b45her
    Free Member

ride the wall trail from bryn bettws lodge, you can ride the full trail then have a play in the bike park/skills area when your done.

brodie
    Free Member

Whites or the Wall or both(W2) with a stop at the bike park up top.

james239
    Free Member

What’s the trail to follow to get to the bike park from the centre where Whites starts (the car park by the fishing lakes)?

Thinking of heading up some time this week or next but don’t want to miss the bike park this time.

bigtimebones
    Free Member

Thanks for your replies. If we could only do one out of Whites and the Wall, which one is better?

Ambrose

Y Wall.

Whites is being worked on at the moment. The (temporary?) new climb I find pretty brutal, then the signing is all to pot. The boardwalk is all closed too.

Alternatively, and closer perhaps to BPW are the Cwm Garw trails. Also equipped with a leg-screaming climb, the descent from Darren Fawr is filled with wonders 🙂

http://www.gvcc.org.uk/Garw-Valley-Community-Council/darren_fawr_mountain_bike_trails-2220.aspx

bigtimebones
    Free Member

Thanks Ambrose

waldo1
    Free Member

Wouldn’t even bother with whites at the moment with bpw being the other option.
    Afan bike park is pointless I reckon.

bigtimebones
    Free Member

Waldo, we are doing half a day at Afan then got the uplift booked for Monday at BPW

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Will W2 be fully re opened by end of october dya reckon guys?
    Cheers

frogstomp

The temporary climb was horrible but when I went a couple of weeks ago the ascent is now up Darkside (feels very odd – expecting someone to come hammering down!) and there is now a new descent at the end…

superfli
    Free Member

The Darkside ascent is actually pretty good. Well I liked it, my mates not so much! The dropoffs you used to nail coming down are now very testing climbs. The new descent next to Darkside is fast a swoopy too, all good fun and very worthwhile. W2 with all the trimings, and then to BPW the next day – this is what we did a few weeks back, and despite getting soaked on W2, we loved it.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Best trail at Afan’ is closed to new replies.