Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Best Short Travel FS Frames
  • damo2576
    Free Member

What are they? That take 100mm forks max.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I always liked the way the four bar Intense Tracer filled that role.

stooo
    Free Member

I’m very please with my SC superlight with RP23 shock.

Simple, cheap to maintain, great climber and loads of fun. You could go lighter though if you wanted something more racey.

Surfr
    Free Member

Orange ST4?

damo2576
    Free Member

I’m very please with my SC superlight with RP23 shock.

That’s what I have. Been offered some money for it and was just wondering what else was around. I don’t think I’d fancy a big bouncy bike.

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

Best for what? You could choose from a 4 Cross or Slopestyle frame or a lightweight XC thing and have two completely different experiences.

UrbanHiker
    Free Member

Just a touch over 100mm comes the Cannondale RZ 120, surely a contender?

titusrider
    Free Member

Rush Carbon, commencal meta 4

stooo
    Free Member

I like the look of the ‘dale RZ 120 too… but it’s not available as just a frame.

Why would you want rid of the SL ?

Guess if you’ve been offered a bit of cash for it and fancy a change.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Rush

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

As above, are you thinking XC or something more gnarr?

coffeeking
    Free Member

NRS. Still going strong.

oldfart

I’ve got a Kona Four Supreme frame for sale if you are interested ? Only selling ’cause i bought a Spicy in the Summer and now have too many bikes !18 in with a Fox RP23 shock that has been recently serviced by TF tuning .Still built up but can be stripped in next to no time .Actually been out on it today and still like the way it rides but room has to be made !I’m after £300 plus postage (or pick up if nearby ) for it and it’ll come with an FSA headset as well .
    If you are interested e mail me at
    rolandjulie2001@yahoo.co.uk and i’ll send you a pic .

damo2576
    Free Member

As above, are you thinking XC or something more gnarr?

XC, nothing gnarr, no jumping etc, just the odd log!

thepurist

Anthem X?

dickie
    Free Member
    TheFlyingOx

Totally biased, but I’m gonna have to say Pronghorn PR6. The aluminium frame is tremendous, the carbon one even moreso with bells on.

TheFlyingOx

just wondering what else was around. I don’t think I’d fancy a big bouncy bike.

I thought like that as well, but I was out on a LaPierre Zesty at the weekend and it was surprisingly good. Not too heavy, climbed really well and obviously made mincemeat of the stuff I’d have been walking down with my Prongy. Also had a shot on a Morewood Zula with 100-130mm forks, which was very good too.

chrisdb
    Free Member

Top Fuel?

Wookster

spesh epic?

si-wilson
    Free Member

Chumba VF2! Doing a special 10% offer this month, makes the frame £990 with RP23.

mrmo
    Free Member

if you want fast and light your looking at something like a Carbon Top fuel

AndrewDrummond
    Free Member

Demoed an anthem x and a superlight, bought a Turner flux. Nuf said.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

I picked up a Cannondale Rush off ebay pretty cheap. Great little frame.

isitaboutabicycle
    Free Member

Scott spark is great. Easy to clean in British mud, carbon or aluminium and pretty cheap if you look around. Great all-round as well. 😉

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

http://www.mtbr.com/cat/bikes/xc-suspensio/turner/fluxdwlink/PRD_425925_1526crx.aspx

you might miss having to bend down to use the propedal lever though…

mboy
    Free Member

Giant Anthem X is the one that wins all the reviews

And you can buy a whole bike with XT components and Fox forks for the price of a Turner frame!

druidh
    Free Member

Carbon Blur XC. Why the discussion?

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

the giants work well, but they don’t work as well as the turners (even though they infringe dw’s patent) at least the one’s I rode in a back to back comparison didn’t.

An Anthem X frame with RP23 was £995 last year, and I paid £1500 for my flux frame.

flyingfox
    Free Member

Pronghorn for ultimate climbing, Morewood Zula for more confidence on the descents. Love mine and getting new X0 put on it today if the guys have nothing better to do!

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Anthem X complete bike (2010) can be found for around £1000 for the X4, with Fox Forx as standard. Strip the rest of the bits to sell on & you’ve got a very cheap bike. Same frame as the rest of the range too.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

giants good, but the OP did ask for best…

check out the first user review on mtbr for the Anthem X0:

“great suspension when combined with RP23, climbs very well though not as well as DWlink frames”

and you don’t get the RP23 with the X4.

“Not as stiff as others”

“there are weaknesses such as mentioned above and wide side to side flex at the rear triangle”

“The Mach 4 also pedals like a hardtail while this one needs the propedal on to be almost like a hardtail.”

Never put propedal on with the flux and it never bobs, even out of the saddle.

Frame weighs a lb more than the giant though, so the build will be more expensive for a light weight.

The Giant is outstanding for a cheaper build though.

meesterbond

I picked up an Intense Spider FRO for a pretty reasonable sum from the classifieds a month or two back. Climbs really well and although I’m still adjusting the suspension etc I’m already loving the VPP…

I’m not sure there is a ‘best’ out there, but it’s started me thinking about a Tracer when I come round to replace my 5 Spot..

harryparabolics
    Free Member

Rush for me – great all-rounder/xc type bike

ryancleak
    Free Member

Hello Friends…

Yeah i admire “Mboy” that Giant Anthem X is a complete bike….But it is a bit costly…and can be found for around £1000-1500……

Ryan Cleak..

forgotmename
    Free Member

Foes prolite, good.

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Best Short Travel FS Frames’ is closed to new replies.