Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Best rugged travel camera???
  • jeb

Hello

Need camera:

Must be waterproof
    Good pictures
    Good video
    would be nice with wifi
    not to expensive
    -have looked at olympus tg 5, bit pricy, but seem to tick a lot of boxes…..

I dont need a load of smart gadgets, as i probably can’t figure them out 🙂

Thanks !

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Iphone X ticks those boxes and it can make calls too.

..might be a tad expensive though 😆

trail_rat
    Free Member

We have a tg4 can you get hold of one of them

Ticks all the boxes for me

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I have a five year old TG1 and it’s been impeccable. One can only assume newer ones are better still.

Bruce

Another vote for TG3/4/5.

I have a TG4 and my partner a TG3, mine goes sea kayaking and cycling and has performed well. Ms Bruce’s TG3 has been used a lot in all sorts of wet muddy places and has be great.

TG4 here, gets used far more on holiday than my much more expensive Sony RX100iv or A77ii

benman
    Free Member

Been looking into this a lot recently to try and pick one up for my little lad for xmas (but also be good enough to use as a family).

Olympus do seem a tad spendy, and don’t come up 2nd hand very cheaply either. I was looking at the Fujifilm XP90 and XP120, and the Lumix FT30. Ones in good nick go for £70 – 80 on ebay.

I picked up a Fuji XP90 for £50 off Gumtree, and from initial playing around it seems to be pretty good. Looking forward to messing around in the snow and surf with it.

sweepy
    Free Member

Lumix ft5 for me

bullandbladder
    Free Member

I had a Fuji XP90 until it disappeared on a camping trip in the summer taking all my BC Bike Race photos with it (bought for the BC trip). Gutted, but seemed like a good camera up to that point ??

Gary_C

I have a Nikon Coolpix AW130, good little camera.

takisawa2

Don’t think it’s waterproof but the Canon G series used to be as tough as old boots. My G9 still takes good pics.

timwillows
    Free Member

GoPro?

CraigW
    Free Member

Don’t think it’s waterproof but the Canon G series used to be as tough as old boots. My G9 still takes good pics.

Until it dies with a “lens error”. The Canon Powershots are not very tough in my experience, especially if its going to get bashed or get dirt in it.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Best rugged travel camera???’ is closed to new replies.